SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purrus

Show me your shower niches and/or accent tiles--

purrus
7 years ago

Tile guy mocked up a long single niche on the long wall in a tub/shower combo. Has anyone done this in real life? Of course I see some pics online but are they realistic and/or financially viable? My contractor acted like I was absolutely insane and says that niches are only ever 1x2 feet . I don't want to blow my budget on this (of course) but if it's feasible I do think it is a pretty cool look. Just curious if anyone else has ever done this.

If not I need some other options. I am getting a white glossy subway tile (4x8) surround and a white glossy 2x2 hex tile floor with light gray grout. So there should either be an accent color in the niches or an accent colored stripe at the top. I will be painting two of the walls Sherwin Williams Amazing Gray, so there's that, but it is still very white.

right now this is a very white bathroom. Also, the vanity is white with a white integrated counter-sink (IKEA). I did want a minimalist look, to be sure, but originally the floor was going to be marble until I decided that was definitely out of my budget, which would have introduced some irregularity and natural pattern into the look

Thoughts? Below is a mock up of the floor and wall tiles for a visual. I am also going to continue the tile onto the wall that contains the vanity and toilet.

Comments (50)