SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jack_caplin

Indoor lemon tree unhappy with dropping yellow leaves

jack_caplin
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I've had the tree for 2 years. Year 1 it did well, although dropped some leaves and didn't grow many more.

At the start of spring year 2, it's leaves started to yellow and looked potbound. I had not fed it either.

I purchased citrus soil and repotted, and after 2 months started feeding with baby bio citrus feed as per instructions.

The plant grew some new branches, although, the leaves never went dark green and stayedlight yellow. After a while, most of the older leaves dropped and some of the newer ones as well.

It bore a lot of pea sized fruit, some got to olive sized before dropping. The leaf drop got worse.

I live in a hard water area (water company rates the supply as very hard).

I spray the plant daily with water. I wait for the top soil to almost dry out before watering, and never let water pool around the base of the pot.

Im guessing either a salt buildup in the soil, or, incorrect PH due to hard water is causing a mineral deficiency. Google says chlorosis although I don't know enough to say.

Can anyone suggest a course of action to sve my tree? I've ordered a soil ph test kit

Comments (10)