SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allikamikaze

Landscaping Around Pergola Entrance

Allison
7 years ago

The area around our pergola is the biggest project we've been working on. We have plans to extend the patio and to stain the top part of the pergola white ... but we're not really sure what to do with the landscaping around it. We are currently retraining our wisteria vines so they are a bit scant at the moment but will fill in quickly.

Plants on the area by the side of the garage (facing south) have historically grown very well, we just barely know what to put there.

There's some flexibility in the width of a bed along there because we are extending the driveway on the other side (and are considering extending it slightly on this side too). I plan to move a mock orange and I'm considering moving it to the corner of the pergola and garage. Other than that, I don't think the bed should be any wider than where the stairs jut out but I'm not sure of much else.

We are planning on expanding our paver stone patio into a circle and then up to the step. There used to be a smaller patio in the area so there are still some remnants of the original landscaping that surround it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments (22)