SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Santa Fe / Adobe Style Meets Transitional

IdaClaire
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Understandably, this is not a style that appeals to everyone. If it's not for you, no worries -- this post is for those who are drawn to the very distinct Santa Fe style (I know there are a few of us here!).

I've long been enamored of adobe homes, and as a longtime collector of Native American art I have sought to bring a certain look reminiscent of Santa Fe homes into my own. It's much easier to do in my current home, with its neutral walls, arched doorways, and iron details than it was in my former 1940s Tudor-style cottage! At one time, Santa Fe style was associated with howling coyotes wearing bandanas ... Thank goodness those days are over, and beautiful spaces such as those in my links now take center stage. I love the juxtaposition of transitional and even modern pieces against the organic look of adobe walls. I recently came across a kitchen photo which became my inspiration for decorating above my kitchen cabinets:

I was delighted to discover more about the decorators of this space, Michael Violante and Paul Rochford, and have thoroughly enjoyed their website and blog. Thought I'd share the links here for anyone who might be interested.

Violante & Rochford Interiors

V&R Blog

Love these clean, uncluttered but comfortable looks. The last pic is one I'm especially drawn to, and it's surprising since ordinarily I eschew a "matchy-matchy" look. I think this one is done well though.

I'd also like to know how to create a bed that looks so fluffy and sink-right-in comfy, but I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with using a very puffy down duvet, and that would no doubt make me feel like I was being suffocated in the middle of the night. ;-)

Comments (21)