SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennyk87

Same exterior stone as neighboring house?

jennyk87
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I am building in a new neighborhood. Next door is a spec home from the same builder. A long time ago we picked out our exterior paint colors (SW Gauntlet Gray) and exterior stone (El Dorado Catania Cypress Ridge). Now, as we are pretty far along and having to confirm our paint colors this week, we saw that the neighboring spec home has the same stone! The paint color is SW Dorian Gray, which is a much lighter gray but in the same swatch as Gauntlet.

I am kind of mad that the builder did this knowing we liked that stone, but there is nothing I can do now to change it. What would you do? Keep the stone and the darker gray, or change one or both? The homes look very different in style-- the spec is a ranch and ours is a two-story with front porch and columns.

Edit: I added a photo to show what our house looks like-- you can see where the stone will be where there is still TyVek. You can also see how close the house is next door. That home has even less stone because it doesn't have columns.

Comments (8)