SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melisa7984

Pool quote comparison

melisa7984
7 years ago

Hi everyone,
We are about one month away from signing a contract on a new pool build. We've received quotes from two different reputable companies and I'd like to get some expert opinions on a few things we are struggling with. Our budget is $95k.

Both quotes are for Gunite construction.

The first quote is $85k and includes 1200 sq ft of patio in exposed aggregate. This includes a Diamondbrite quartz finish on the pool (650 sq ft).

The second quote is $85k for the pool in a Pebble Tec finish (800 sq ft). The 1200 sq ft brushed concrete patio would cost an additional $10k.
Both pool quotes are inclusive of the pool equipment, rebar, coping, tile, lighting, steps, baja shelf, etc.

My questions are, would a bigger pool with a Pebble Tec finish be worth the additional $10k costs? Is it a bad idea to sign a contract for our maximum budget in case there are unforeseen expenses?

One other curve ball to consider - the first pool builder said he does a hybrid vinyl pool (w/concrete floor) which will take $15k off the overall cost, and I have to admit I'm tempted since we could get some other features with that additional savings (spa or landscaping).
Any help/advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (2)