SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaylin12242014

Going crazy!

Mandy Ricks
7 years ago

Ok I have an almost 5 year old step daughter. She lives with us full time as her mom lost custody because of mental health issues. I don't know how to help her. She has a terrible speech problem, hardly anyone can understand her. She has has speech 2x a week the last year and has made zero improvement. She has no common sense. And she doesn't understand cause and effect. She's over dramatic all the time. She acts like a little narcissist, she doesn't give a thought about anyone else and she is the most ungreatful person I have ever met. I have tried to help her, but literally she doesn't comprehend anything you tell her. I try to give her love and attention but it is never enough all she does is whine and cry. Seriously my 2 year old acts older and smarter than she does. She is always doing things to get attention. Lastly I have such a hard time with her hygiene and stuff she is so gross! Like eating buggers all the time. Pees her pants (or the bed on purpose) doesn't wipe after going to the bathroom. And the thing that worries me the most is she is constantly getting naked in front of my 8 year old son. Or runs into him room knowing he is getting dressed. I feel like anytime she can show me her privates she does. And I am constantly seeing her rubbing her vagina, to the point that it is hurting. She either does it while watching tv under a blanket or she will do it and laugh that it tickles. I have gone into her room in the morning and she's just laying in bed rubbing her self. I honestly can't take it anymore, I feel like she hasn't advanced since she has been at least 3 years old. She has been seen by 2 play therapist and they just tell me I am doing good with her, but nothing else. I am at my wits end with this child.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living