SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_larosa

Potted up my Santa Teresa and thornless key lime...pics below

I finally bit the bullet today and potted up these guys. I also helped my friend separate and plant a "cocktail" tree she just bought..ugh...that was tough. Well, I will report that I was amazed at how much the roots had filled up those pots. I moved them from 12" to 16" pots. The roots of both looked healthy and I did not notice any deterioration on one side from the heat/sun. The key lime, in particular, really needed the new pot. In spite of his aristocratic tendencies (slow to grow), he has undergone a big growth spurt recently and is now over 6' tall! If he would only flower now, I would be happy. I also included a couple of pics of my little finger lime which has little sprouts all over, and my Prague citsuma with the tiny buds from where I chopped....

Key lime in the tan pot...actually his pot I think is 18"

Santa Teresa...don't mind the boy in the diaper...I put him in for scale...:-)

Finger lime

I know it's hard to see, but right above the thorn, there is a bud. There are a few others throughout the little twig :-)

I do wish that key lime would grow out a bit instead of just up...he is tall and lanky and I am itching to take the clippers to him...

Comments (27)