SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
n_s_summerfield

Drawer hits the doorway moulding. What are my options? Help.

N Su
7 years ago

Hi,

The drawer on the right side of the range hits the door moulding. The cabinet door cannot open 90 degree. To the right of that cabinet, there is a 3/4" filler. There is no space to the left or to the right of the range. The range is VERY tight.

The contractor said that my wall is not straight so the measurement can be off. The wall cabinet fits just fine with 1" filler against the right wall. (The original design has 2" filler.)

The contractor proposed to shave the right side of the drawer so it can slide out.

The door moulding is 3/4" thick and I don't see anything thinner for sell.

I want him to reduce the 3" filler next to the blind corner base to 2.5". I checked the drawers and doors of the blinder corner base, and the base cabinet to the left the range. They will clear just fine. Reducing from 3" to 2.5" will also make the range fits better and aligns with the M/W above.

Of course, that's a lot of work for the contractor to fix. We have already installed Rev-a-shelf in all of the base cabinets. They are in a way of the bolts. On top of that, the contractor is adamant about 3"-filler rule for installing a cabinet next to a blind corner base.

Is there any other way???? What should I do?

Thank you.

Comments (18)