SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vipbrj

Living Room/Dining Room HELP

Brady
7 years ago

Hello everyone! I need your help!

We moved into a new construction home a month or so ago... I've been slowly assembling the furniture and whatnot because this house is so different from our last house (MUCH smaller rooms) that I couldn't re-use a lot of the furniture from our other house.

Also, ignore some of the clutter in the dining room (my "work from home" setup on the dining room table. And the pack-and-play... and the small child within it... haha! Also working on our big pile of artwork and deciding where it should go, so the walls are only partially filled.

Anyway, my big issue has been the living/dining room. It's a smallish space that is complicated by a fireplace in the center of the room that really demands to be the focal point.

I purchased a small couch to fit into the space--but now that it's in, I think it might look better with a small L-shaped sectional. The only issue is that the sectional would need to be less than 90" x 90" to fit into the space. What do you think?

On the "dining room" side of the space, I want to replace the secretary desk thing with a buffet that fits underneath the window over there. Good idea?

I plan to put three barstools under the counter--just haven't bought any yet. Would love any suggestions for counter-height stools that aren't super expensive.

Looking for any suggestions really, other than BUY ALL NEW FURNITURE, because a lot of this stuff is newish :( I hope it isn't helpless.

Comments (22)