SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seb225

Bosch Benchmark oven negative review

seb225
7 years ago

I want to review the Bosch Benchmark oven and share my experience with anyone considering buying one. I bought the Bosch Benchmark steam/convection combo. When it works, I really like the way it cooks. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked well at all. The steam oven turned itself on all the time without anyone around. Service installed a new control panel, which randomly turned itself off during cooking. Meanwhile, the convection oven began turning itself on all the time. So we got new control panels for both. Of course the convection oven began shutting down during cooking so we got a new panel for that one. Finally they both seemed to be working well when the steam oven started having problems with the water pitcher usage--It would use about an inch of water out of the pitcher then give a message that the water level was low, and shut down the oven. At this point I asked for a new oven, so Bosch sent a different service company to verify the problems. Bosch didn't provide the oven history to the new service company, who just started the whole review-repair-replace cycle again.

Finally, I got a replacement oven. Something is terribly wrong with the convection oven because the entire unit is racked and the bracket that holds the two ovens together doesn't fit. The bearing-glide racks do not sit down on the side supports so cakes and casseroles come out tilted. The glide racks do not fit inside the oven so the door doesn't fully close, it leaks heat, and it loudly rattles when the fan runs. The convection oven and steam oven do not sit together properly and appear very crooked in my cabinet. Bosch and my appliance store verified that it isn't an installation problem, but at this point Bosch doesn't seem interested in finding out exactly what the problem is. They sent new bearing-glide racks, which fit just like the ones there previously.

I've talked to the regional Bosch rep who told me I had electrical problems at my house because "our ovens don't have problems." We've had a licensed electrician TWICE check the wiring and verify everything was functioning right and all was within range--once before installation and again when we started having problems. He then told me I just didn't know how to use the oven and would send the local rep to "teach me." The local rep ordered replacement parts for me but when those didn't work she put the ball back into the appliance store's court. I genuinely believe my appliance store has my best interest in mind, but they can't replace the oven without approval from Bosch corporate. I'm in a very bad position with a loud, crooked oven with no working racks, and can't seem to get any resolution.

I'm a gw/houzz member and have been around for a while. I'm not a one post and out person, I only want to give an honest portrayal of my experience with the Bosch Benchmark oven over the last year. I do like the way it cooks, as I've said, but I can't comprehend the problems I've encountered. These ovens are too expensive for this many problems and this level of service! So many reviews I read had great things to say about Bosch ovens, so I wanted to share my bad experience. I'm beyond frustrated with my purchase.

Comments (30)