SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hcbm

Underarm Stains "Out, Out Darn Spots!!!" Advice needed please.

hcbm
7 years ago

Underarm stains are the bane of my laundry room existence. I have used every brand deodorant and the ones that actually work always leave marks. White shirts are the worst, but any color top gets the buildup. I have used Dawn, various spot stain sticks, and liquid detergent on the underarm stains, to little effect. I did pretreat and then boil a bunch of white tee-shirts in oxi-clean and that worked. I do not want to have to boil wash all my tops everyday. Right now I have a sleeveless light blue Jones of NY non-iron shirt that has what looks like half moon grease stains under each arm. I have only worn this shirt 4 times and washed each time on hot with a pre-treatment of Dawn or stain stick. Though I don't like the texture (and wouldn't mind if the underarm solution also removed the chemical finish) of the non-iron shirt I do want to wear it again. Right now it's destined for the rag pile. I just want to do my laundry without boil washing on the stove.

I have an 11 year old FL Malber 24 without a heater and hot tap at most 114 degrees and usually more like 105 degrees. I do pour in an extra gallon of boiling hot water and let the wash soak for an hour or so. I have been using Ariel powder or All Free and Clear liquid with extra whitener. I add oxi-clean on whites but not on colors.

Any suggestions are most welcome. I appreciate how helpful everyone here at the Laundry Room can be. Thank you.

Comments (12)