SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcmvh

cambria swanbridge quartz

lcmvh
7 years ago

i'm a looker on the kitchen forums and have enjoyed the advice and lively discussion, esp. regarding cabinetry and countertops. thanks, all posters.

just when i had it down to lg viatera "minuet" (liked it, didn't love it) then considered cambria "ella" (loved it but potential problems with the direction of veining on my U shaped counter), i browsed the cambria website and saw "swanbridge". i've called around my midwest capital city (2.5 hrs away), found the main cambria distributor. they only have 3x3 samples. no one else has even a sample and my kd isn't sure when they will get theirs.

have any of you, in a bigger market area, had a chance to see "swanbridge" and find it a contender in the carrera/calacatta quartz arena?

Comments (40)

• PRO
    Cambria
    7 years ago

lcmvh, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. You can visit our design palette and inspiration gallery here to view full slabs of your design: http://bit.ly/1rxMztq. If you have any other questions, we'd be happy to help. Please ask for Mandy or Michelle, our Customer Care Supervisors, at (866) 226-2742. Thank you!

• maries1120
    7 years ago

You should be able to order a large sample from Cambria. Unless the countertop is a pebble or speckled patter or solid color those little samples seem useless to make a decision. I wish more companies had the larger size sample option.

lcmvh thanked maries1120
  • Related Discussions

Cambria Swanbridge countertops

Q

Comments (2)
    Here are some pictures of Cambria Swanbridge, just installed yesterday. It is a nice mix of very light grey, silvery gray veining and small dabs of creamy white. Looks great with our white cabinets and gray island! Our cabinets are painted Chantilly Lace by Benjamin Moore. The lighting in this picture makes them look yellowish but it's a nice bright neutral white, not too cool or warm.
    ...See More

MSI Quartz vs. Cambria Quartz

Q

Comments (4)
    @hilborn What did you decide? I have same concern. I love the MSI Monaco, but am worried about quality. I have a Hanstone and Caesarstone selected as well, but prefer the MSI. The price difference is not a factor, but don't want an inferior product.
    ...See More

Cambria Swanbridge does it look White or gray?

Q

Comments (26)
    Very nice, Erica. It looks great with the white cabinets too. Our island will be grey. Is yours some form of wood? The color scheme we are debating looks similar to yours, white cabinets, grey contrast island with white center island countertop and dark grey perimeter. Your pic is helpful as I wasn’t sure if that is too much contrast going on. Yours looks good!
    ...See More

Need help deciding on Cambria quartz countertops.

Q

Comments (1)
    Cambria has many options that are lighter in hue than Swanbridge. Cambria's website has a search tool you can use to filter by hue and style. Patterns seem to be arranged from lightest to darkest and if you look at the suggested coordinating paint colors it might give you a clue as to whether the pattern color leans more cool or warm. You can either order samples online or borrow samples from a dealer to see how they look in your space with your cabinets.
    ...See More
  • lcmvh
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

i, too, just saw a 12x12 sample of swanbridge and it's my winner. when looking at swanbridge and lg viatera minuet side by side, the swanbridge had a very subtle touch of creamy as well as grey veining, where minuet was all grey veining. while i consider both to be a "cool" coloration, i hope the swanbridge will complement my chestnut stained cherry cabinetry. swanbridge doesn't have the pixelation of torquay so is a good contender in the marble-ish quartz market. and cambria swanbridge quote was less $$$ than lg minuet. my kd has pre-ordered two large slabs so we hope to avoid the delays that seem to come with cambria's new colors.

• Jen
    7 years ago

Did anyone purchase and install swanbridge in their kitchen? I am about to start a renovation and I really like this quartz. I saw a slab of it today and it is beautiful but I would love to hear from someone who installed it. Thanks!

• suec9701
    7 years ago

Here are some pictures of Cambria Swanbridge, just installed yesterday. It is a nice mix of very light grey, silvery gray veining and small dabs of creamy white. Looks great with our white cabinets and gray island!

• Anna H
    7 years ago

suec, the Swanbridge is beautiful but your backsplash is spectacular. Can you let us know what it is? Thank you!

• lwfromny
    7 years ago

Wow - suec9701 I'm shocked at those pictures. I will soon be ordering a Cambria Quartz countertop and had settled on Torquay. I've never seen Swanbridge and I'm floored at how much whiter it is than Torquay in the picture. I would have bet a lot of money that the whiter one was Torquay. I'm a little freaked out now . Has anyone else seen these two together and found the Torquay to be yellowish?

• skc97
    7 years ago
    Anna H - Thank you, the backsplash is from Wayfair. It's called Pharsalia Porcelain.
  • mp11226
    7 years ago

lwfromny - I wouln't say Swanbridge is whiter, it's a cooler white while Torquay is a warmer white. I saw actual slabs of both, mock kitchen set ups of both and brought large samples of them home and would say Torquay is a warmer white and Swanbridge is cooler. Hope these pictures help!

First image has Swanbridge on bottom (actual counter) with Torquay sample on top at Cambria showroom.

Second picture shows samples of 3 designs. Swanbridge on top left, Torquay on top right then another new design, Weybourne on the bottom left.

Also, if you look closely at the Torquay, it has a lot of specks in it and both Swanbridge and Weybourne are smoother. All are GORGEOUS!!!!

• Daniela
    7 years ago

So happy to have found this thread! Thank you everyone for sharing your pictures of Swanbridge - it's gorgeous! The sample I have at home had very little veining in it, so I was thrilled to see the slab pictures. Thank you!!!

• lwfromny
    7 years ago

I ended up with Weybourne. I almost went Swanbridge, but when I put both the Swanbridge and the Weybourne against my light gray cabinetry, I liked the Weybourne much better. I realized the Swanbridge has a grayer base, and there wasn't enough contrast with the cabinets. Here's the Weybourne installed - I'm super happy with it.

• mp11226
    7 years ago
    I also thought weybourne was the best when looking at all slabs but ended up going with viatera minuet!
  • njohs
    7 years ago

lwfromny- thank you for posting the pictures. I am considering Weybourne for our laundry room but have not seen a sample in person yet. Our cabinets are Benjamin Moore Dove White with a water based poly on them. They are a slightly creamy white. Does the Weybourne have any creamy tones to it or would you think it is too cool to go with our cabinets? Thanks!

• lwfromny
    7 years ago

@njohs my cabinets are a very light gray, but all my trim is BM White Dove. I have to go to the house in the next day or two (it's not my full time house - it's a vacation rental property) and I'll take a look and see what I think. I'm pretty sure it would look good - the Weybourne has so many shades of white in it that it can work with most things. I agree that the color temperature is the question. White Dove is a such a nice warm white and I want to double check to make sure the countertop has enough warmth to work with it. I do have to say I love this quartz more and more all the time.

• ladancer
    6 years ago

I am having Weybourne for a large vanity and need a nice gray to pull it out from the quartz. Thinking of BM Sweatshirt Gray, Marina Gray, or Gray Timber Wolf. Would you be able to give me a suggestion? Our floor and tile are just a faint, ever so soft gray so no problem with the tile and the cabinet should be darker.

• ladancer
    6 years ago

Any ideas? Thank you for any pictures of a gray cabinet also! I appreciate this.

• lwfromny
    6 years ago
    @ladancer I wanted a medium gray with my Weybourne. The colors I narrowed it down to were Gray Horse, Fieldstone, and Coventry Gray (all BM). I loved Fieldstone but ruled it out because it had green undertones in my light. My designer (who is incredibly talented regarding color) strongly encouraged me to use Gray Horse. I was very concerned it was too dark. To me Coventry Gray looked like what I needed. She told me that on cabinets, all colors will appear 1-2 shades lighter than you think they will. I used BM Coventry Gray anyway. Guess what? She was dead on. I should have used Gray Horse. The Coventry is beautiful and I'm perfectly happy with it, but it reads as a lighter gray with slight blue undertones. It's really pretty but if I wanted a medium gray again I would take her advice and use Gray Horse. Here's a picture (it does not look as blue in real life as it does here).
  • ladancer
    6 years ago

Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful. I love the backsplash, the pendants and the gray. If it were darker, it may fight with your middle island which is a nice contrast to the gray. It's just my opinion, but I think it's very nice. Thank you so much for the suggestion, though. I will definitely look at both choices.

• ladancer
    6 years ago

Iwfromny; did you decide on your paint color?

• lwfromny
    6 years ago
    Yes ladancer I sometimes try to figure out if I would have liked the Gray Horse better. Then I think that maybe it would have made the kitchen too dark. And then I just decide I don't care that it isn't what I meant it to be because I love how it turned out lol. By the way the island is wrought iron by BM which is a very dark gray. In my other house it's the color I'm painting my bathroom cabinets and I really love it.

Was you last comment about deciding about paint color meant for me? If so do you mean my walls?
  • PRO
    Granite City Services
    6 years ago

I am a fabricator.

All of the engineered quartz OEM's (Silestone, Zodiac, Hanstone, Caesarstone, Viatera, and others) have various versions of white material with veining so you need not limit yourself to Cambria which is much more per square foot in many areas of the country.

With significant veining I would strongly recommend picking a fabricator that has the slab on site so you can give your input regarding the grain interruption across seams. (If no seams or minimal veining then not an issue).

Alternatively, some fabricators have software that allows them to take pics of the slabs and then layout the parts in such a way that you can see the grain transitions at seams before the slabs are cut. They can email the layout to you for approval so you don't have to visit their shop although I always recommend a trip to the fabricator. (Would you buy several thousand dollars of anything else without visiting the seller?)

My 2 cents.

• ladancer
    6 years ago

Thanks oldryder, I appreciate the input!

• ladancer
    6 years ago

Iwfromney, thanks for the response and I guess I was referring to the White Dove trim. Did you think it was good with the Weybourne? I think it looks wonderful in the picture of your kitchen. Colors are so difficult! I totally understand that sometimes I see one color as magnificent and the next day or hour I don't know if it's right.

• Jen Pfifferling
    6 years ago

I chose lg minuet going in my master bath on an aqua vanity. I also just secured the Swanbridge for kids bath on dark grey vanity. The stone place I got the reminants from said you don’t see a reminant come around very often for the Swanbridge as it’s a rare find bc it’s newer, people calling often to see if they have a piece. I almost went with Rocco on the dark gray vanity until I saw this.

• debbiesanluis
    5 years ago

I too am thinking of using swanbridge but I’m worried it will look too cool against my dove white cabinets black island and oak floors. Do you guys think that Torquay would be a better choice?

• happyfeet3
    4 years ago

Hi everyone. I will have natural maple cabinets. I think white counters should look good with the maple wood. Torquay or Swanbridge?

Does anyone have experience with the matte finish?

Thank you.

• csmcleay
    4 years ago

i have white dove cabinets and am deciding between weyborne and swanbridge? i am torn! Help.

• Tanagerhills
    4 years ago

Swanbridge is a very muted light greyish background. Torquay is a creamy background, not stark white.

• Steven Maerz
    4 years ago

We remodeled our kitchen and used Cambria Highgate with matte finish and we could not love it more. It is simply perfect with white cabinets. We are debating about Highgate or Swanbridge for the bathroom, but I think the Swanbridge will win out. Highgate is beautiful but has quite a bit more grey, and our vanity is grey, so looking for more contrast. Both are beautiful in the matte finish. Best decision we made in our kitchen.

• Denise Hamilton
    3 years ago

Steven Maerz- do you have any pics you can share? Thinking about using Cambria Highgate in my kitchen. Have white shaker cabinets and an espresso walnut island.

• jwshore
    3 years ago

We were sold in Torquey until I brought home the 12x12 sample. In our house it pulled off our lighting and floors and appeared more “peach” in the undertones. The Cambria rep said that is common. We have red oak floors in Jacobean stain and white dove cabinets. While Swanbridge is a cooler white, it stayed more white and did pull colors from around the kitchen if that makes sense.
    We are also co side ring Hanstone Montauk which is very similar to Swanbridge.

• Runnermom
    3 years ago

We are considering Hanstone Montauk, LG Viatera Minuet, and Cambria Weybourne. Our cabinets will be the Forevermark Ice Shaker which is not creamy but certainly not a bright white. We are planning to use a stone backsplash just above the range (and plain subway tile everywhere else). I am wondering which countertop you think we should do based on my pictures of the cabinet and backsplash below. Thanks!!

• ann mcwatters
    2 years ago

Runnermom, Just found this discussion. your backsplash is something I would like to consider for my remodel. would you be able to share name? thanks, Ann McWatters

• Runnermom
    2 years ago

Sure! It’s artistic tile echo grand blue. Here’s the link.
    https://www.artistictile.com/products/echo-grand-sechogrand
    We ended up taking a different route for the countertop and backsplash but absolutely love the options at artistic tile if you want to make a statement.

• ann mcwatters
    2 years ago

Appreciate it! I did find something else today at my tile store that is a linear glass and stone mix.

thanks Ann

• Jill Fleiger
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

So more updated comment from 2024. We decided on swanbridge and it just got installed with a light green backsplash. The picture makes the backsplash more blueish green but its more of a sage green in person. Happy to share more photos for anyone on the fence. We love it all!

backsplash. It is awesome!

• HU-429440964
    2 months ago

Love the look, what color paint did you use for your cabinets?

• HU-429440964
    2 months ago

Love the combo of swanbridge and the sage green tiles. WHat color paint did you use for the cabinets?

• Jill Fleiger
    2 months ago

They are white cabinets.