SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nnjwilkerson

Cooling Fan Noise in DCS Range

nnjwilkerson
7 years ago

After much reading and looking my husband and I are considering ordering either a 36 in or a 48 in DCS range. A few weeks ago I ran across threads on this forum concerning the loud noise that the cooling fan makes in the oven. I came back to read these threads before we make our final decision. Now I am worried that I will be unhappy with the range if it talks over me or the TV set each time I use the oven. I also read that the fan blows air around the burners and out the front of the oven? I am very hot natured and I am already planning to have extra ceiling fans to help me while I am in front of the range. I do have a question. We want to purchase a dual fuel range, electric oven, will this make any difference on how or how long the cooling fan will run? Also, I guess I can understand the need for a cooling fan in the larger 36 inch oven but what about the ovens in the 48 inch? Does this problem exist in the 48 inch electric oven? Any of your comments will be greatly appreciated as my husband and I need to make our final choice very soon. Our remodel is going to be a large open concept, I dont want oven fan noise on a beautiful range to be a big problem.

Comment (1)