SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solutionzbykat

which Sink is best prolific vs blanco/quatrus vs franke/peak vs galley

solutionzbykat
7 years ago

Hi, we have a condo. The kitchen is small. The upstairs unit flooded our place out due a valve breaking and the kitchen was part of what needs replaced. So we've been trying to make the most, best of it in-spite of some of this terrible experience. So our counter is about 9' long by 38" deep. The sink is about in the center. I need a multipurpose, multi-function, workstation type of sink. I know I want a single bowl about 33", basically a large single bowl sink. I really want the use of levels all the way around and want the ability to slide baskets, strainer, cutting board, everything and to interchange things and magnetic. Budget is a factor. Then there is the whole faucet issue - I would really love to be able to have a sink that does everything I mentioned and allow me to have the faucet in it (I really don't like the thought of drilling into the counter. for example, I used to have a Corian sink and it had a small, shallow ledge for the faucet, something like that would be great. I attached a few pix. How much of a difference is there between 16 and 18 gauge. Also, a few things I have heard is Franke racks are not very sturdy and Franke scratches badly. (franke - orca, oceania, peak, not sure which).

I am also not sure if I should stick with SS or go for a granite mix sink...the colors scare me. Our counter top is going to have the colors, patterning of Amaron granite.

I have also attached a pic I found with the faucet in the sink...is there one of these with the multilevel, workstation, everything I want??

What else can I tell you?

on a side note - all of these huge companies do not provide easy navigation on their sites and/or have lousy pictures of their products, they really should hire me to help them show this stuff off better...just sayin

Comments (32)