SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutplants

Plantation shutters? Some or all windows? Please help.

nutsaboutplants
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Our current house has plantation shutters on 2/3 of the windows and honeycomb shades on others. (Previous owners' choice.) I'm slowly getting around to making changes and windows are the next to tackle. I have many questions, so please stay with me. I need help, really badly.

1. I'm tempted to leave the living room windows overlooking the backyard (see pic below) alone. No privacy or light blocking needed here and the garden feels integral to the feel of the living room. Question: leave as is? Take off the blinds and leave bare? Or put plantation shutters like other parts of the house? Here is the room:

Then, the dining room, with Windows facing the front. Need privacy at night, so leaving bare is not optimal. So, question: leave as is, or switch to plantation shutters? Pic of dining room:

Now, kitchen and keeping room, where some Windows have shutters and some, blinds. Leave as is, or put plantation shutters? Here are some pics of the area:

Here is the style of the plantation shutters in those areas where there are shutters:

Of course, plantation shutters are always beautiful and classic, but I'm wondering whether they will block light in these areas and also will be bulky if open. Please help! TIA.

Comments (21)