SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jiffer21225

Need help picking backsplash tile

jiffer21225
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are in the final stages of our kitchen remodel and now we are down to picking backsplash tile. It feels like my husband and I have looked at a million tiles and picking one that we both like is becoming more difficult than I thought it would be.

We have polished fantasy brown guartzite and the walls are painted a grey blue color. The wall color in the picture looks more blue but in reality its a grey blue.

Since we have such a busy countertop I wanted a more simple subway tile. That is the one thing we both can agree on. But picking the material is becoming a problem. I want a simple ceramic or porcelain tile. But my husband can not stand ceramic or porcelain in subway tile he just will not bend on this.

So far we have it narrowed down to four options and I would love everyone's opinion. The first option is a glass subway tile and it's 4 by 12 the color is called snow cap. It's greyish/bluish white. The second option is polished marble without much vaining and that is a 3 x 6 . The third option is honed marble that is 2 x 4. The fourth option also is a honed marble that is 2 x 4 but from a different lot/store.

I am worried that the marble will compete with the countertop. If we went this option I would pick out the pieces that had less vaining in them. I'm also not sure since our kitchen is small (12x12) if we should do bigger or small tile. The black refrigerator is not staying. We have a stainless steel one coming soon. We also have a over the range vent hood in stainless steel coming soon.

What do you guys think we should pick? Sorry the pics are great, the sun is setting and we don't get a ton of natural light in the kitchen in the afternoon/early evening.

option 1
option 2
option 3
option 4

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County