SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosaceae

Should I even bother with this?

rosaceae
7 years ago

This is a Black Beauty '99 to replace the one I lost, because I absolutely adored it.

I bought 2 so I still have another doing alright. It started to get black for the tips downward and from the nodes, like, the nodes got black before the rest of the cane.

I think what triggered it was sun exposure on a particularly bad day, plus the fact I had not watered it at that time.

I also bought 2 red with white reverse minifloras (I dindn't even get to know what they were, but really gorgeous, very little thorns, and no scent) that went down the same path, sadly.

My course of action was: I planted them on a bigger pot, chopped the black bits, brought them inside, placed by a large window. A day or two later the black reappered, spreading, chopped them again. This went on until they got to around 5 cm.

Right now, one of the that is shaped like a V, has one canes black and the other green, do you think it'll make it? I don't even know what this is supposed to be, I don't think it's a disease, more like a reaction to something. The thing is, the black beauty I lost, I lost to the same thing. Is it the heat? I don't know what to do :(

This is what the bad BB looks like now:

It's worth mentioning that before the change in color happened the canes had that wrinkly look, and the leaves were like that, semi-cooked, crispy.

Is this dieback? it's the most similar thing i've found. maybe bacterial cane blight?Should I plant this even? or do i just toss it? How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks for any help, really.

Comments (4)