SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newbiegardener77

What can I do for this sad jade branch?

newbiegardener77
7 years ago

Hello- I am new to this forum and have seen some very interesting threads from ppl who seem very knowledable on jades and am hopeful for advice for my jade. I received a clipping of this jade about 2 yrs ago and the growth has been very very slow. The mother plant is very healthy and alive, beleive this is a minature jade but honestly not completly sure. There are also small hints of a red tint on leaves certain days. The main part of the plant seems to be only 1 long stem ☹️. This is the part of the plant i am most interested in learning what to do with. I recently started pinching some new growth to start smaller plants, which you can see towards the bottom of the pot. Those were growths I pinched off the smaller branches but i think its leggy, if im using the term correctly to describe that one branch. The plant is putting out new little leaves n i have it in a ceramic pot with a mixture of perlite, potting soil and peat moss and i water only when dry. I would love to see this do more than what its currently doing but just dont know where to start or

hat to do. Open to suggestions. Thank You

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio