SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
off_task_again

Begging for professional help! I am totally lost!

off_task_again
7 years ago

Recently bought a house and need to pick paint colors and furniture (most of what we currently own is 20+ years old and needs to be replaced). I've been trying to decide on paint colors for the kitchen, family room and foyer because they all open into each other and I am stuck! I would like to pick a paint color for the kitchen that is not too dark. I like how sunny it is, but it is a bit too yellow. I've been thinking about a warm tan like SW whole wheat or a lighter color like SW believable buff, but I'm not sure what to do in the family room and then foyer! Ugh! The family room and foyer are painted some type of gold color. It isn't my favorite, but I don't hate it. If it could look good decorated, I would keep it. My question is- can the space look good the color it is now, or should I change it completely- and to what? Here are some pictures.

Please ignore the random pieces of furniture, lol. Those won't stay.

Here's a view into the family room...

And in the family room.

Here's the view from the family room to the foyer. The black chair is not staying.

I have an inspiration piece with colors that I really like. Rug is more turquoise in person.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (10)