SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

Well I'm not at the beach!

Today is my birthday and our anniversary .

We were supposed to be sitting out on the beach at Bolivar Peninsula. NOT there. Canceled our reservations after the flood which was painful because we were going to meet my sister and niece to spend time together. We don't get those chances often. Hopefully next year it will happen.

So what am I doing today for this momentous day ? Well I am going to the doctor because my stupid staph infection is back! Oh yes indeed it has reared it's ugly head again. It was completely gone no sign of it for quite a while now. I thought how lucky I was to be rid of it with one round of strong antibiotics. Apparently I still don't have anything but bad luck. It appeared last night and by this morning it was walnut size again. I am sure she will have to Lance it.

I just hope this stupid infection doesn't put me in the hospital. I have a weak immune system because of the medicine I have to take. Makes it easier to get and harder to get rid of.

Cross your fingers and toes this thing goes away!

Comments (59)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! I hope you'll be feeling better really soon.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • hounds_x_two
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary! Sorry Staph has crashed your party. Get well soon and then make-up for lost time by celebrating big-time.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked hounds_x_two
  • Related Discussions

I'm Dreaming of Moss Beach,CA

Q

Comments (8)
    Beautiful beaches. Envy, no no, not supposed to do that, but I do wish we had a kelp beach nearby. My mind and body sort of slow down in direct relation to the heat; but when I do manage to bestir myself sufficiently, I dream of cool breezes on the mountaintop ~ while sitting on the porch of my dream-house, or swimming at the beach when the water temperature is only 75*, or having the A/C set to 70* ~ DH loves the heat so the house A/C is usually set to 80 or 83 which is not nearly cool enough to suit me, lol. I've also been known to dream of being slim enough to guilt-free gulp triple-scoop ice cream cones of fudge-chocolate or raspberry sherbet or even old-fashioned butter pecan (the creamy kinds that have a zillion calories in every bite).
    ...See More

I'm looking for the best carpet for a Beach House

Q

Comments (1)
    Why would you want carpet in a beach house? I'd do wood, tile or LVT
    ...See More

I’m looking for information about the Crane Island beach style home ba

Q

Comments (1)
    https://stuartmemberyhome.com/products/bungalow-side-table/ Custom piece made to order. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/global-caravan-marari-rattan-bar-cart/5448899 https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/melody-rattan-bar-cart https://www.gardenista.com/products/cassia-rattan-bar-cart-opalhouse/ https://www.realsimple.com/shop/home/furniture/dining-room/bar-carts-a652178670.html
    ...See More

Well I'm shocked

Q

Comments (7)
    They do have smaller flowers that form a much bigger flower, some being as much as 6 inches long and about 4 inches wide. I counted 16 branches with a flower on each one just on one plant.. They kind of remind me of a lilac. Here are some picture close up. They are starting to fade a bit but still are attracting butterflies. The hummingbirds also like them. The day I brought mine home I sat ithem on my patio and sat down in my chair, about 5 minutes later a hummingbird flew up to feed and kept coming back to it still in the pot.
    ...See More
  • nanny98
    7 years ago

Sending Happy, Happy Birthday and Anniversary Wishes as well good thoughts and prayers that your good guys will fight this latest hurdle.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked nanny98
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Omg look what my dear husband just brought me! He has done this every year the first anniversary was one red rose. Today there are 42 gorgeous red roses! This is getting expensive lol

Heis a keeper!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    7 years ago

You aren't married to a statistics professor in the middle TN area are you? My university stats prof did this too! I tried to envision what 26 roses would look like I and I pictured them all over the house. While that isn't true, that is one big bunch of flowers!!! It's gonna take more than one container next time?

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I know they are really squeezed in there. Usually he has them split up but I don't have room for more than one vase in the rv and now I have an Orchid from my neighbor and the roses. He is definitely a numbers guy, CPA CFO.

• Catherine Z8-ish PNW
    7 years ago

To a truly beautiful person with a beautiful spirit.

You deserve only the best!! Try to focus on your great DH and not the carp. Hard to do and yet you seem to be able to do anything!!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Catherine Z8-ish PNW
  • lucillle
    7 years ago

Those are BEAUTIFUL roses!!!!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked lucillle
  • gadgets
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday, and a very happy anniversary. It's a bummer to have an illness interfere with our plans/celebrations. I hope that you are all well very soon.

Shirley

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked gadgets
  • chisue
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary -- all things considered...

No thorns on our Raven, and her DH *appreciates* her.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked chisue
  • mama goose_gw zn6OH
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday--you made it through another year, including the last few trying months. Happy Anniversary--what a sweet, thoughtful, husband.

I hope the infection clears up quickly and disappears forever.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked mama goose_gw zn6OH
  • nicole___
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

And many more!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked nicole___
  • lindaohnowga
    7 years ago

Those roses are just beautiful and you sure have such a wonderful, thoughtful hubby who loves you very much. Congrats on the 42 years. We just had our 46th this month.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked lindaohnowga
  • Jasdip
    7 years ago

Well today is a very special day for you! I'm wishing you the very best of birthdays and anniversaries.

Mr Raven is a keeper for sure! You've both had the year from hell, and he still did his 'tradition'.

Congratulations to you both.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Jasdip
  • katlan
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday Raven. Happy Anniversary Raven and Mr.! I hope you have many more happy, healthy years together. The flowers are so very pretty. What a guy you have! He's awesome, and you deserve it.

Feel better soon, I hope you can kick this infection once and for all. And I hope you guys can have a special day today, even if the plans did change quite a bit.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked katlan
  • mare_wbpa
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday/Anniversary. Wishing you many, many more and a quick resolution to your infection.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked mare_wbpa
  • Fun2BHere
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary. I hope your staph clears up soon. Beautiful flowers!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Fun2BHere
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you so much everyone! We appreciate your wishes.

The doctor put me on some stronger antibiotics for a longer period of time. I go back in 2 weeks. I am hopeful that will be the end of it. It'st pouring down rain here again so we aren't going to get out for dinner as we had planned. We will save it for a better day. I have some BBQ ribs and baked potatoes I can fix. Thanks Nicole for the cake! I guess it is all I will get lol

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Oh here's the beautiful Orchid my neighbor gave me.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    7 years ago

I hope this new antibiotic does the trick this time.

I'm sorry that you're not celebrating tonight, but maybe its better left for a really good day anyway. A good dry day ;-) I know we've been telling you all along that things are going to get better, but it's still true - they will. You will feel good, the house will be beautiful again, and you'll be out of your driveway with some space in which to move around.

You've got what's important, something to eat, that thoughtful DH, pup in your lap...and a new prescription. I have to say though, I think the orchid clashes with your beautiful roses. You could send it to me....

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • wanda_va
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to a very special lady and her Beloved. Continuing to pray for you and your health. Hugs!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked wanda_va
  • ntt_hou
    7 years ago

Happy Anniversary & Birthday! Were you able to get your present (reply) on eBay yet?

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked ntt_hou
  • PKponder TX Z7B
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Maybe you'll have a nice dinner!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked PKponder TX Z7B
  • satine_gw
    7 years ago

Raven, Im sorry for all your new troubles-more rain-infection. Tomorrow would be my wedding anniversary (47) but will spend the day without my dear late husband. I know you cherish your husband and he cherishes you and that is the only important thing. You can celebrate each other and know how strong you have been for each other during this past year. The rain will stop, your health will improve and you will find a perfect day to celebrate!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked satine_gw
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Oh Satine I am so sorry. I just can't imagine it. It's my biggest fear. Thank you very much. We are very lucky to have each other that's the most important thing oh and Mia!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Bob you did a very good job! I love it. Even a seagull. I see the perfect spot for my chair right near the seagull rock. I can almost hear the waves.

We had a nice quiet dinner and watched a little TV. That's about all we could handle tonight. We do have plans for a nice dinner out with our neighbors soon.

Thanks again everyone I feel like y'all gave me a party!

• lily316
    7 years ago

Love the roses! Happy anniversary and Happy birthday and good wishes for a year with nothing but GOOD luck for a change.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked lily316
  • rob333 (zone 7b)
    7 years ago

Are you feeling better yet? Did the anniversary/birthday celebration make up, at least a little bit, for missing your sister and niece?

bob, you painted a west coast; the seagull has a white head, not a laughing gull black head. I totally was sent back to Monterey. Nice job!

• bob_cville
    7 years ago

I was basing the painting off of my memory of these pictures from Block Island from last summer.

This bird from the island looks pretty similar to the one I painted.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked bob_cville
  • rob333 (zone 7b)
    7 years ago

It's a Herring gull. Man, I miss those guys. I've only seen them in California, but then, I've never been as far north on the east coast as Rhode Island.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • janey_alabama
    7 years ago

I am a little late to the party but Happy Birthday & Anniversary!! Sorry about the infection & having to cancel your beach plans.

Bob nice painting!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked janey_alabama
  • chisue
    7 years ago

Reminder: Drink *gallons* of water. The antibiotics will kill the bad stuff, but you still need to 'flush' -- a lot! (I also take probiotics when taking antibiotics, to restore the 'good bugs'.)

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked chisue
  • sjerin
    7 years ago

A belated Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Raven, Raven!! I think it's wise to wait a bit to celebrate, when you're both feeling better mentally and physically. May that be a glorious, sunny day!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked sjerin
  • Sue_va
    7 years ago

Raven, we share an important milestone in our lives. I was also married on my birthday, only much longer ago than you. Today is the date for me, although my DH was a victim of cancer years ago. I have always appreciated your wisdom and computer help.. Keep on keeping on!!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked Sue_va
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks again everyone. Sue wishing you a wonderful day today.

I stocked up on kefir,yogurt, and yogurt smoothies and increased my probiotics. I am going to give my good bugs a fighting chance!

Myneighbor is taking me out to lunch today since we couldn't go yesterday I just might get me some boiled crawfish!

• lindaohnowga
    7 years ago

Enjoy that lunch out with your neighbor.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

It was absolutely wonderful! Exactly what I needed and wanted perfect. She is such a good friend.

• lindaohnowga
    7 years ago

I'm so glad you enjoyed your lunch, Raven. It does "not" look like something that I would like.

• tami_ohio
    7 years ago

I am sorry your infection is back again. But I would like to wish you a belated Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! How is the kitchen coming? Even if it isn't finished, let me know your color choice for those dish cloths!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked tami_ohio
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I am done picking colors we have settled on the sherwin williams krypton which is a blue gray and sherwin williams mega greige which is a brownish gray. So that would be what I have to give you. My cabinets which I think we picked out today are shaker style the color is black coffee maple so much like an espresso in fact that is what he was calling it. In the pictures online in some they have a brownish tint too. They are very pretty. I will try to post a link to some of the pictures. We still have not received a dime of the fema insurance money that was sent to us the mortgage company is holding it and making excuses for not releasing it. Our workers are gone I don't know if we can get them back when and if the mortgage company ever gives us our money. You would think they want the house repaired as quickly as we do but the truth is they have deposited our big old check in their accounts and are getting interest on it and using it for investment. The longer they keep it the more they make off of our loss. Now that is just disgusting. There's hundreds of us here in the exact same situation so just imagine how much money they are making holding on to our money! And we are all suffering. Absolutely nothing was done this week. My husband is so furious I don't know what he is going to do, hopefully not have a stroke. Is it any wonder my staph infection is back. This situation is far worse than the actual flood, we knew we had insurance we knew they would pay we didn't know it would be stolen from us by the mortgage company.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

http://www.jandkcabinetry.com/#!gallery-s1/c1yqi

That should be the shaker black coffee maple

• secsteve
    7 years ago

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday Raven.

I hope you can shake the infection soon. I know how aggravating it can be to think you've finally gotten rid of something and then it comes back.

And may you have many, many, many more anniversaries and birthdays.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked secsteve
  • tami_ohio
    7 years ago

That is a ()^)_(*#$$%^^% shame! The only thing I can think of is calling the news stations and a great lawyer. We have a Sherwin Williams near by, so I can go and get paint chips to see how close I can get colors for yarn. You are going to have a beautiful kitchen!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked tami_ohio
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    7 years ago

Raven, your cabinets are gorgeous! As for the mortgage company holding the fema money, I would send an email to the attorney general and let them know this is happening. It has to be against the law, wouldn't you think? I would let Fema know also. I would also notify my state congressional representatives. Just shotgun email every official you can think of. There is no reason to hold your money hostage. Just not right!!!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks!

Tami you are so sweet!

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    Original Author
    7 years ago

If we had ever even once been late with a payment or given some indication we were not truthful but I have not been late ever it's on auto pay. I asked them to send an inspector to prove that we are doing the repairs on the house which they did and she was amazed at how much had been done. She let them know according to her report we are 80%done so we should at least have been given 80%of our money. But we have not. I keep telling them we have lost our workers now and they keep saying oh no we don't want to slow down progress well guess what it's not slowed down its come to a grinding halt. So thank you so much BOA I will never do business with them again.

• lindaohnowga
    7 years ago

Our BOA did the same thing to us when we got the insurance money for the hail damage done to our house, but after they sent out an expector, they did release "part" of the money to me, then once everything was completed and inspected again, we finally got the balance of the money.

Perhaps you need to do what Murraysmom has suggested.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary, raven. Just saw you mentioned your mortgage holder, so you can ignore the private message I sent to you. I don't understand the way big banks treat people is these situations. If you are like most of us, you can't pay for the material and services until you have some of the insurance money. I also had issues with a big bank (WF) and will never do business with them again. I do not like BoA either because they mistreated my mother; I finally convinced her to quit doing business with them. Hope they give you some funds that you actually paid for very, very soon.

Also hope your staph infection treatment is quickly successful in ridding you of the infection.

• Catherine Z8-ish PNW
    7 years ago

Raven, just OMG! I cannot believe this. You need to focus on yourself and being well.

Have that great DH of yours sic the media on them. You cannot possibly be the only folks in this situation. This behavior needs to stop.