SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lonepalm77

Miele combi steam reheating times vs Gaggenau?

lonepalm77
7 years ago

I've been torturing myself trying to decide between the Miele Combi Steam and the Gaggenau Combi Steam, and finally decided to put a deposit on the plumbed Miele. My biggest concern is that I have repeatedly been told that it takes mere minutes to reheat food. Something (like a bowl of oatmeal) that would take 2 minutes in the microwave would take 4-6 in the combi steam. I've been told the same thing by sales people and multiple staff at Miele. I went to a steam oven demonstration at Miele yesterday and brought along a small dish of pasta for them to reheat. I showed up a half hour early and they refused to reheat it but kept telling me it would take mere minutes. They poached eggs in the regular steam oven and said it only takes a minute. After a 5 minute preheat, the eggs were done in a total of 6 minutes, and I started getting excited. Then they put a tray of salmon in the Combi steam and said it would be done in 20 minutes.....we watched the clock and it took the oven 25 minutes to get up to temp before it started the countdown on the salmon. My contractor has a Miele Combi steam and is begging me to include a microwave in our kitchen design because he says it takes 20 minutes to reheat anything from the fridge. Has everyone found this to be the case? How about the Gaggenau combi steam users? How fast does the "regenerate" cycle heat your food? Any advice at all would be appreciated! Also, have the Gaggenau owners found it frustrating to pull out pans loaded with condensation just to have the condensation drip on the floor because of the side-opening door?

Comments (9)