SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Santa Fe, NM (LynnNM/other residents?)

User
7 years ago

Shifting gears once again and now looking to possibly spend a few nights, probably in mid-October, with DH in Santa Fe. We want to hike at Bandelier, although accommodations in and around Los Alamos aren't too appealing. Due to DH's snoring we have always preferred to rent a 2-bedroom privately-owned accommodation when we travel together. I've found this condo on vrbo, which looks promising and the price is right:

https://www.vrbo.com/777401#location

It's located where you see the little green house, which looks to me (geographically challenged though I am) to be just north of the city.

As best I can tell, it's a 45-50 minute drive from the condo to the entrance gate of Bandelier, which isn't bad. We could plan to drive out early one morning, hike the full day, then drive back to SF for dinner.

Admittedly, it's been probably more than 20 years since I visited SF. I can't imagine that the square has changed all that much (it's just always had such a timeless feel) - or has it?

Let's say we have 4 or 5 nights total in this area. What other things do you think we should look into doing? DH has never seen any of this part of the country before, although he does reach his overload capacity earlier than I reach mine so I'll need to be mindful of that.

Wouldn't mind looking at some other hikes in the area. Open to any suggestions ... particularly restaurants! I know SF is a foodie's paradise, and we especially love New Mexican food.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH