SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
josephines67

Digging up hostas today

josephines167 z5 ON Canada
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Due to overcrowding, I dug up some hostas and relocated a few. It as a cool day - perfect for this kind of chore. Once they were out of the ground, I was quite taken with their shape and size. So much so that I stopped and took photos.

The photos aren't great and much evidence of mess in the yard but that's how things look when one is working so just ignore tools and stuff laying around.

To fully appreciate the hosta, don't forget to click on it to view in enlarged form.

This one is Fingerprint which I purchased while visiting Giboshihill in 2014. Beautiful markings and the leaves are gorgeous.

Golden Tiara - what a special hosta this one is. I have propagated several times and left some, like this one to grow. Dug up two same size...photos of same one though.

Ginsu Knife - also from 2014... it really has a nice form, one I hardly recognized in its former location and squeezed against a mature f. Albopicta.

First Frost

Blue Cadet or what I think it is. The leaves on my original are shorter and more heart shaped. I think I had sporting going on and didn't know it back then.

Then I noticed my mother's peony had opened up and I had to stop and smell :-) so lovely.

Jimmy Crack Corn - a 2014 model. I did wash it after it got planted, lol.

Halcyon - named so because Paul from Minnesota told me it wasn't Blue Cadet, which was how I introduced it in 2013. It sported from the one two pics up. Poor photo and light.

Comments (32)