SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jami_fraze

Advice to refresh front landscape

Jami Fraze
7 years ago

Hello--I need suggestions to update my front yard landscaping in front of my 15-yr. old house. I attached photos to show the full view of the current landscape. It looks overgrown, piecemeal, and unbalanced.

I am considering removing the brick/pavers that someone placed along the beds and around the tree. I plan to trim the lower branches on the large tree that blocks the house view. I like the crepe myrtle on the right side of the house and the hostas and azaleas and heavenly bamboo, but im prepared to pull it all out and install new plants, if necessary. I've considered taking out most shrubs and put a few simple green ones in, add some lorapetalum, and some grasses like purple muhly.

I'm in zone 7 and the yard is 90 deg. East. It gets morning sun and some afternoon sun.

I want the yard to look attractive, with some color, be drought resistant, and low maintenance. Oak leaf hydrangeas, Day lilies, lily turf, hostas, ornamental grasses, spires, and azaleas all thrive in this area and are appealing to me. I'm open to other suggestions.

Can you please recommend how to make this more attractive and balanced? I appreciate your suggestions.

Comments (14)