SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedyacres

Which vintage cabinets for my laundry room/office?

weedyacres
7 years ago

The house: 1920 worker's cottage, lovingly DIY restored.

The room addition: 192 sf of laundry room/office/powder room, done with period tastefulness in mind, but not high dollar.

The need: cabinets for over the desk and over the washer/dryer. They need to be stained wood because there will be a couple other pieces in the room that are wood. Trim is all white, matching the rest of the house.

So, I've browsed around CL and ebay online listings trying to find cabinets that might work, and I'm thinking a couple of hoosier cabinet uppers would fit the bill. But I've got to find 2 that reasonably coordinate. I've winnowed the field down to a few combinations and would appreciate your input. If I'm completely going in the wrong direction, that feedback is fine too.

So, first, here are my two favorites:

#1: This one is 48" wide, and Mr. Weedy thinks I could hack the base into a desk and then we'd hang the upper portion on the wall above. $400

#2: This one is 40" wide. Love love love the amber glass and the cool side-opening tambour. Potential for laundry area.

But I'm not sure if these would coordinate being in the same room. So here are a few other finalists that could potentially pair with one or the other.

#3: Another wide one that pairs with #1 in layout, but without the cool glass.
#4: A top-only with amber glass.

I should add that the laundry area is an alcove 74" wide, and the desk area is 76" from corner to door casing, and on the opposite wall from the laundry, 16' away. So I'm somewhat worried about a cabinet being too small for the space.

Any and all advice welcome.

Comments (11)