SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobbi1023

Saying goodbye to Miele :l Miele Optima Dishwasher leaking

bobbi1023
7 years ago

I loved this dishwasher, truly loved it. My dishes literally sparkled, but January of this year I needed to replace the WPS (water protection system) to the cost of $200, that's the part price and my husband installed it. Now its June and this morning I woke up to a F70 fault code. We dragged the dishwasher out, drained and removed the bottom pan then ever so carefully, balanced between my four kitchen chairs. Turned the machine on and looked to see where the water was leaking. The water is leaking from the drain hole in the circulation pump. I called Miele to see what the part would cost. Obviously, they only sell the entire unit to the price of $630, but since I would plan to install it myself, a 30 percent discount, would make it cost $505, which includes shipping.

The machine is 6 years old. I paid over $2300 for it. After 6 years I think it would be foolish to invest another $500. Six months from now, something else could go wrong. I think it is time for me to part with Miele :l As much as this pains me to say.

Any suggestions on what which brand I might be somewhat happy? Bosch or Kitchenaid perhaps?

Yes, I did post this in the Appliance section, but I know how you laundry people are obsessed with your appliances, especially Miele. I do own other Miele products.

Comments (44)