Electrolux 617 Review

pcweary
7 years ago

Here is the latest review on the 617.

https://www.cnet.com/products/electrolux-efls617s/

Comments (67)

• User
    7 years ago

Kathy I have not tried the stain soak yet, what you are saying is it only allows a warm wash with any cycle?

pcweary thanked User
  • kathytuten
    7 years ago

Yes warm or higher if you engage stain soak for any cycle. Even though manual specifically calls out need for some stains to be washed on cold to avoid setting the stain, you cannot use stain soak and lower temp.

pcweary thanked kathytuten
  • Related Discussions

Electrolux 617 or LG 4270 pair?

Q

Comments (4)
    Well, in a few days a new LG 3570 pair is being delivered to my house. I will quickly find out if this was a good purchase. In my neck of the woods, Electrolux isn't as popular as LG. Not as many appliance repair companies advertise doing warranty service on Electrolux as LG. LG seems to be a safer bet. (Fingers crossed.) Several members here have, and love, their Electroluxes. I was disappointed that one feature that is important to me is missing on most Electroluxes - an access door to the pump trap. Our current washer, an Asko has one of these, and I'm glad it's there. Two or three times a year, change (or other small items) are left in pockets and make their way between the inner and outer drum and into the pump trap. I don't know if Electroluxes are as prone to doing this (some say "No!"), but if this type of thing did occur I would need to call in a service tech to open the Electrolux and clear the pump trap. Only the compact Electrolux washer has a pump trap access door. Strange! Mind you, if you liked your old LG, there is a good chance you might like the current line up. Good luck with deciding.
    ...See More

Choice of Electrolux 617 or LGWH3670 washer

Q

Comments (6)
    I am a novice when it applies to front loaders, unlike so many of the astute members of this forum, but I have owned the 617 washer and dryer for 4 months now so I am responding. Cons?. Not really.. It is more a matter of getting accustomed to the way your machine works. Uses less water, but items are saturated and are really clean. No allergen cycle on washer( but on dryer) but I never had one so I do not miss it.. There is a degree of finding some cycles do not allow options to be chosen as you might try, but again, I have not found that to be an issue and items come out just fine.. Pros? My clothing and linens have never been this clean.. No pilling, no shrinkage.. One cycle that I never dreamed I would use is the Delay Start and I really like it!. You can set it up to 12 hours ahead.. I am sluggish most mornings so instead, I load up the evening before and the next morning, while I drink my coffee, the washer is doing its thing. I also like the mixing of detergent before releasing. It is an improvement over not mixing and possibly leaving undissolved detergent to hit your items. I use mostly powdered detergents, Cheer or Persil, never use cold to wash, but rather warm and when I want a true hot wash, I use the Whitest Whites cycle. And always, the extra rinse option. i probably could have done well with the smaller Elux compact as it is only me and my biggest problem is finding enough things to put in a load.. Even then, when I have taken a chance with smaller loads, all went great. No error codes :) It is difficult to address what your needs and likes might be so I hope this helps somewhat.. Am I happy with my Elux 617? You bet! Look at the reviews...very high ratings so I am not alone in my " happiness"..
    ...See More

Maytag 5500 vs Electrolux 617

Q

Comments (5)
    Hi there! Have you decided on a machine yet? Your situation sounds very similar to mine...I'm 7 months pregnant with child no.7. We're trying hard to get our house finished so we can move in by the end of this month. Meanwhile we're living in our tiny guest house while the children slept in the camper....and we're in Montana and the temps have been as low as -30 with lots of snow. My current laundry setup leaves a lot to be desired! My dryer is outside on our porch, which means that even when temps are well below 0 I have to go in and out the door many times a day changing loads. And boy does the poor dryer groan! Doing laundry for a family of 8 is a feat by itself, without throwing in those little twists to make it more interesting. I just pulled the trigger on my two washers and dryer today. I was pretty certain, for various reasons, that I wanted the 60 series iq touch washer and the 70 series wave touch dryer. Long story short, I ended up with 2 60 series washers and the 617 dryer. All are the titanium finish so should match well enough. I'm also planning to cloth diaper so that was definitely a factor I weighed in my decision. I'd love to know what you got and how you like it, if you've been able to use it yet.
    ...See More

Electrolux 617 being discontinued / replaced by new model?

Q

Comments (12)
    I wrote to Electrolux, and they very helpfully (?) told me that the 7/8/900 series is still in development, and there are no details they can share regarding dimensions, performance, date of introduction, or anything else. They also helpfully told me to go to Home Depot to buy a 617 series machine. No love for the local guys at Electrolux corporate, it seems, but at least they're of the opinion that I should still be able to buy the 617 series for now, so maybe it's just a temporary shortage. Home Depot says they never stock Electrolux around here, and to just order online and they'll deliver it to me from the Dallas warehouse. I'd really rather buy from someone who has a little more skin in the game for service reasons, so I'll try the local appliance store again after the holiday. Sparky, this is at least the 4th repair I've needed on these Kenmores, all in the past 2-3 years. They frankly don't get my clothes that clean (no true hot cycle), and I'm tired of the increasing frequency of repairs, so it's time for me to move on.
    ...See More
  • User
    7 years ago

one of the three stain setting on the dial starts or uses cold I believe...not sure which stain, blood chocolate or any. Yes you are right no option of cold for the cycles...I'm bummed.

pcweary thanked User
  • User
    7 years ago

I just want to use this feature for likely whites anyway...need a cold way 100% of the wash for sure.

pcweary thanked User
  • kathytuten
    7 years ago

The manual states that the blood setting will not additionally heat the water soap mixture during the stain soak portion, however, it changes the overall temp setting to warm after you select stain soak even if you previously selected cold. So not sure what that is accomplishing. For stains that are supposed to be washed in cold so they don't set you have to just run through the full wash cycle multiple times??

• User
    7 years ago

well I would not do that, you would be better just extending the soil level. Multiple washes will gain nothing. I am with you on this one though, not thrilled about it myself.

pcweary thanked User
  • mrb6228
    7 years ago

Does it indeed start the soaking portion with warm from the tap or does it heat the cold to warm?

pcweary thanked mrb6228
  • kathytuten
    7 years ago

Not sure there is a way to tell since it flushes the soap into a separate area to heat it prior to spraying on the clothes

• User
    7 years ago

The heating is not taking place in the mixing chamber, it is being done in the drum itself. Sanitary is NSF certified @ 152degrees using the whitest whites or heavy duty cycle. Normal cycle hot wash is boosted to what target temp I do not know, but it does in fact heat the water if not exactly hot . Any hot water coming into a cold drum will lose its temp...it will always boost it up. I noticed the normal cycle using a hot wash, the drum did a few more complete pauses, so that the water heats completely.

pcweary thanked User
  • User
    7 years ago

As far as using the stain soak feature, my bet it is starting with cool water. Kathy I see it mentions "boost heater" although my bet is it is the heat element in the drum not a separate one. Good question if it has its own.

pcweary thanked User
  • mrb6228
    7 years ago

How about checking the hot water hose during soak fill to see if it gets hot. That should tell you if hot water is being used at the onset or it starts on cold.

MRB

pcweary thanked mrb6228
  • User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Some more findings to share on the 617. The Stain Soak feature is not a prewash, meaning a separate fill/drain/spin. It uses the prewash chamber in the dispenser for stain treat additives, such as biz/clorox2. I used the StainSoak on WhitestWhites hot/normal soil with a Clorox Bleach (newly introduced) pod in the drum. I used the Any Stain setting on the dial after setting the StainSoak option. Kathy is kinda right as to her mentioning that the water gets heated in the mixing chamber. The mystery is the 3rd pump/and heating. There is such little water in the drum during the StainSoak portion of the wash and not a continuous spray action, just a short spray a few times during the StainSoak portion of the cycle. As said no drain/spin, it advances to the wash portion of the cycle then adding your main wash detergent to the mixing chamber/then to spray in drum. The almost constant spraying of the load goes on through the rest of the wash cycle.

This load had a horrible coffee stained white dish towel, medium sized load, some towels and white socks/white tees. The specific towel came out without any sign of the coffee. It was actually dried into it for 2 days. The load had 3 tablespoons of Persil Universal Megaperls and a Clorox Bleach pod.

Next up, a sanitize using the Heavy Duty Cycle/sanitize. No StainSoak used for this load. 2 horrible pillows with sweat stains. Pillows are washable/white/queen size. I left during this cycle so here is what I saw. There was no spraying going on at all, cycle start time was over just over 100 minutes I think. Almost to 60 minutes left when I had to leave. So little water I was concerned, glass was hot as hell. I noticed though from beginning to when I left the yellow pillows were almost white. There were 3 rinses to complete the cycle. 4 tablespoons of Universal Megaperls used, nothing else. The pillows could have used a little more water I think from the beginning, although it did the job. As I said before you get more water now for the rinses than the previous series. Just less during the wash portion it seems. Yes the pillows were near perfect. A non chlorine booster may have helped them.

I wish I could see whats going on with the pumps/heating...just not possible lol.

pcweary thanked User
  • mamapinky0
    7 years ago

I just have to ask Allen...where did you find a clorox bleach pod lol

pcweary thanked mamapinky0
  • User
    7 years ago

WalMart

pcweary thanked User
  • mamapinky0
    7 years ago

Thanks Allen, I forgot about those. Dont use much chlorine bleach myself. But now with a FL I told myself I will once in awhile, just to keep the machine cleaned up

• georgect
    7 years ago

Another look at the 617 Electrolux...

pcweary thanked georgect
  • rpsinfoman
    7 years ago

Great new features and stunning good looks, but can anyone provide what the water temperatures actually are? We know your assured of a true HOT wash, the machine is NSF (P172) certified, and Sanitize can be added as an option to a number of cycles. Those are big pluses in itself. Otherwise, what cycles does the heat engage and what is the resulting temperature?

I would like to conclude this machine is truly set apart from the rest, or just another sheep.

pcweary thanked rpsinfoman
  • TwoBelles
    7 years ago

The temperature chart in the manual states that in the 617 the sanitize cycle will engage for the "heavy duty," "whitest whites," and "normal" cycles. Interestingly enough, it also specifically states:

"The heavy duty and whitest whites with sanitize setting cycles have been designed to meet the requirements of NSF P172 protocol for sanitation efficacy."

As a side note, I called Electrolux about this specific model and was told at first that the hottest temperature for the sanitize cycle was 152, as stated in the manual. When I explained to her my circumstances for needing to know the precise temperature, the rep asked to put me on hold. After several minutes, she came back on the line and told me that she had spoken with engineering, who said that the machine reaches higher temperatures, closer to 155-156, but that they will only state 152 in the manual.

pcweary thanked TwoBelles
  • User
    7 years ago

Sanitize has been confirmed already with the cycles mentioned above. What the temp is using the normal cycle/sanitize I do not know, or have I tried. About a true hot wash...I run the laundry tub faucet until hot before starting the washer. My water heater is at 130 degrees. The washer starts with some water entering drum, then the mixing starts in the 3rd pump mixing chamber. It takes 5 minutes before the mixed detergent sprays into the drum including more fresh water entering the drum. 5 minutes is a lot of time for the water to cool down in the pipes. It was a normal cycle/normal soil/hot wash. The glass on the door was not exactly hot before drain, warm yes.

I already did a sanitize cycle as mentioned further up the thread, glass was very hot to the touch. True hot wash for the 617 I cannot confirm. May have to try sanitize in the normal wash but at this point no mention of the temp that gets to. Whitest Whites seems to heat to hot, using hot temp/not sanitize temp.

pcweary thanked User
  • User
    7 years ago

Where are the few other 617 owners here? What have you discovered so far using your new machines? Nobody is listening to me and the fact finders here do not even have this machine.

pcweary thanked User
  • rpsinfoman
    7 years ago

Sounds like they got it right!! Nice machine.

pcweary thanked rpsinfoman
  • TwoBelles
    7 years ago

@AllenL, I'm sorry if you construed my last post as being redundant or not acknowledging your prior comments. I was specifically trying to address @rpsinfoman's question regarding temperature with info I received from my convo with Electrolux.

I have actually been following this thread with interest as I am about to purchase these units. My interpretation was that both you and your friend were impressed with the units overall, with a small concern about cold water stain soaks. If your concerns with the units are broader than that, could you please clarify? TIA!

pcweary thanked TwoBelles
  • kathytuten
    7 years ago

I'm mixed on them. They do a good job at the higher temps. Cloth diapers even. Whiter than they have ever gotten in the LG and a good amount of water in with them so you could actually see them in puddle of water. The lack of pre-soak with cold water wash annoys me and if you don't select the stain soak option it appears no water runs thru the pre-wash cup. Powdered oxi stayed dry thru the entire wash cycle. Cycles are longer than my old LG. Chalked up to the tier 3 vs likely tier 1? I have an option to return them and may do that. But then what?? Concerned about the service history more recently of the LGs and didn't sit well that they simply don't make the part I needed anymore. The lack of control and flexibility to mix and match cycle options is significantly frustrating. No other temp other than high on freshen up cycle, inabilty to increase the dryness level at low temps and thus not getting mixed loads dry is a pain. It does seem to rinse well and as I said earlier, it cleans well at the warmer temps. Better than the previous LG? Perhaps. For the delicate stuff than needs colder water? It's a pain. Oh one other pain point, rinse and spin is cold water only and the fast 15 min wash also limits spin speed to max and I believe water temp as well.

• User
    7 years ago

Yes the no cold StainSoak is a issue too for me, but not enough to send the machine packing. The sanitize temp using the normal cycle also will heat to NSF P172 protocol according to Electrolux. They stated "sanitize" is just that a real sanitize no matter what cycle it is used with. The instruction booklet will be updated to reflect this. The on board heater is used whenever heating for a cycle is needed period. I'm running a normal/hot wash now seems to be hot this time around.

The prewash dispenser is only to be used with the StainSoak option. Instruction booklet does state this Kathy, did you overlook that? I have not had any dryer issues as of yet. Cheers.

Allen

pcweary thanked User
  • hbridge
    7 years ago

Helen here…

With a follow up relative to this earlier thread where
    I was testing out a new Elux 617 while waiting for a water conditioner for our
    newly renovated house. The water conditioner
    didn’t arrive until last week, and I continue to experiment with laundry loads
    relative to amount of detergent as I work my way through loads that may still
    have soap residue from my old machine. I
    generally do a full normal cycle without detergent and if there’s sudsing into
    the rinse cycle, I continue rinses until loads runs clear.

In general I really like the cleaning action of the front
    loader versus my old hybrid LG. I’m happy
    enough with the machine, but right now the process feels “hit and miss” as I fixate
    on what it is doing at any given time to try and figure out if the load does
    nor doesn’t need detergent. When I’ve
    used detergent, I’ve been using a half tablespoon of Kirkland Free and Clear. Not sure that is part of the problem and after doing some reading I think I’m ready to try Persil 2 in 1.

Although I think the towels are getting rinsed (eventually)
    I have to say they feel pretty rough out
    of the dryer and until I get a handle on how much detergent works the best, I’m
    reluctant to try a liquid fabric softener because I have no idea when that is
    introduced into the wash cycle and whether it is or isn’t supposed to be rinsed
    out. Bounce dryer sheets don’t seem to
    do much of anything anymore in my experience

For those of you who have purchased the Elux 617 and had a chance to check it out any advice
    relative to detergent brands and amounts and/or fabric softener that have worked for you?

pcweary thanked hbridge
  • User
    7 years ago

Personally I do not use liquid fabric softeners, for two reasons. My skin type does not like them and they contribute to mold in a front load washer. Others will say different that it does not contribute to mold or foreign built up gunk, I believe it does. I use Bounce only for casual shirts etc. Towels should never get fabric softener as it reduces absorbency. An extra rinse after a complete cycle may help you with your towel issue.

As far as detergent goes, the 617 uses such a minute amount of water in the wash cycle. Use the smallest dose when using a liquid. Powders such as Tide HE/Gain HE/Persil only use 1Tbsp to 2Tbsp for towels, 1Tbsp for like jeans, 2-3Tbsp for casual wear/whites/undergarments. If you use StainSoak add your Clorox 2, Biz, Oxi, whatever to the prewash dispenser. Pods always in drum. Hope you enjoy the 617, it is a fabulous washer for sure!

Allen

pcweary thanked User
  • pippiep
    7 years ago

I never use fabric softener, liquid or sheets. I've been using Ecos liquid detergent for years, but had to stop while I had my Samsung TL. I'm back to using it now, on day 3 of laundering with the 617. I did two loads of towels and they came out soft and fluffy.

pcweary thanked pippiep
  • mamapinky0
    7 years ago

Hi Allen, I think most of us here agree that FS does contribute to mold growth in all washers, however most people here do frequent hot and above hot washes and run a clean cycle often enough that its not an issue.

I've had towel issues myself since getting the Duet...which is my biggest irritant. I loved my white, soft, fluffy towels, they are still white but they have lost the soft and fluffy. I've lowered my spin speed down to medium..I've rinsed and rinsed and still they are no longer the same. I took out a load from the cubbord that was still soft and washed them with no detergent and sure enough they also lost the soft and fluffy. I'm still practicing on restoring theseso well see what happens lol..

• User
    7 years ago

Soft and fluffy towels just not possible without fabric softener, with=non absorbent. I just prefer a towel without any chemical residue in it. Yes I would prefer that soft fluffy towel but just not possible without fabric softener. I would bust out in hives if I used that stuff for towels also.

pcweary thanked User
  • mamapinky0
    7 years ago

IVe never been a big FS user..yet my towels were always soft and fluffy. Lol

• mamapinky0
    7 years ago

White, soft, and fluffy LOL

• User
    7 years ago

They look like towels at a spa. Nice!

pcweary thanked User
  • mamapinky0
    7 years ago

Allen, think I took that pic last summer and the towels were about 6 years old than..inexpensive Target brand lol...thanks

• Derrick L
    7 years ago

My HE2T Kenmore had its last rights last week. Back in the day I was a member in the Garden Web and frequented it a lot researching washers and dryers. For whatever reason I am unable to log in using my old credentials. So it goes I signed up again to be able to post and chat about washers, laundry, and soap. The Electrolux EFLS617SIW caught my eye at a local appliance store and I researched it. Very little actual consumer information anywhere but here, go figure.

Yes I purchased the washer and have to point out georgect's added video made a point of a rinse after using the "stainsoak" option. As another contributor pointed out the "stainsoak" option just continues into the wash cycle, no rinse or spin between the two. So the video is wrong on that point. Otherwise so far it is quite nice, another rinse and spin cycle is needed on some loads, total 4 rinses. The 4th rinse is perfect and no more suds. Wish it had 4 rinses in any given cycle. Also compared to my old HE2T Kenmore, the water levels in this thing are crazy. Such a small amount during the wash, rinses seem to vary but use more than the wash portion of a cycle. The wash loads so far have come out perfect, amazing machine it is.

pcweary thanked Derrick L
  • pcweary
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I have been baptized into the world of FL washers, as of yesterday.. My Elux 617 washer and dryer have arrived and I immediately did 2 loads. First was old white towels that I have used for yrs. wiping down my car if it gets wet. (I know, weird, but humor me) Used Whitest Whites cycle, with Persil liquid.. Had suds halfway up door, did extra rinses, and they amazed me as a finished product. Took 81 minutes. They almost looked good enough to use in bathrooms.

Second load was dark colored clothing on Normal with warm water and using Cheer Powder Detergent. Extra rinse. Suds were much much lower and clothes came out perfectly. Far better than my 27 yr. old Whirlpool TL.

Cycle took 40 min.

The dryer is wonderful. Nothing wrinkled, damp or hot to the touch. Very gentle drying that somehow works.

While I did not get the pedestals when I placed my order with my local dealer, I did have a change of heart before delivery and got them. Had to have a plumber redo my drainpipe so that it was higher to accommodate the increased height but money well spent. I am so glad I did get them. I am a young 77 yr. old with bad knees plus had a broken leg/hip this year. Squatting is difficult.

So far I am really impressed with these machines. Just too bad these beauties are in an ugly basement!

• sparky823
    7 years ago

They look very nice. Like the color and glad you are liking them also. They are supposed to be one of the best!.

pcweary thanked sparky823
  • georgect
    7 years ago

Beautiful set.

You have the set with washer on the right, dryer on the left, just like mine (and doors reversed...very good).

You have to be really careful with dosing with Persil. I find it to be the most sudzing "HE" detergent out there.

I have the pedestals too as I'm tall and it's more convenient. All my spare laundry chemicals are in there.

Best of luck with the set.

pcweary thanked georgect
  • Derrick L
    7 years ago

They look beautiful pc. Rich looking than my white 617. They really are built nice and sturdy, bet they last forever!

• larsi_gw
    7 years ago

Congrats pcweary!! You have them set up just like a Miele...Washer on the right, dryer on the left (how German of you ;) Love it!

Colour is awesome, and I do not know if it is true, as these machines are Tier III, but I have read the rinse levels are better than older Elux machines. Would be awesome if you posted a video of a rinse!

Enjoy!!

pcweary thanked larsi_gw
  • sashanikki
    7 years ago

Beautiful. They look like my new set.:) My washer is on the right, too.

pcweary thanked sashanikki
  • pcweary
    Original Author
    7 years ago

larsi...me, take a video of the rinse?..that's like asking if I vacuum daily..hahaha.

The video is no problem. It is knowing when the rinse cycle is in gear. This washer sprays water for 30 sec....waits than 30 sec. more, etc. etc. It is constant..the clothes are soaking wet way before detergent even comes into play.. Surprised me...I was concerned about the Tier 3 but I now see that it works and there is plenty of water.. Will see what I can do...so far, I have not watched from beginning to end. That probably means, even though I have been baptized, I shall probably never be Laundry Room confirmed!

• mrb6228
    7 years ago

Congrats, PC. These are wonderful machines. I almost bought a pair on 7/4 but the store was mobbed and I was under a time constraint. I had said that I would never purchase the pedestals again, but after seeing them, I may change my mind.

MRB

pcweary thanked mrb6228
  • pcweary
    Original Author
    7 years ago

mrb6228...It seemed to me that the tub on the 617 was a shade lower than some of the others.. Probably my imagination but check it out before you make a final decision on the pedestals. I am ever so glad I did get them.. No vibration, either. I have a long table near them to do folding, etc. which is the good thing about being in basement...plenty of room to make everything work.

• Derrick L
    7 years ago

A few notes on the 617 washer I now have. If I would have known the details and actually seen how this machine works, I would have chosen the 517 over this one. Someone pointed out running the tap near the washer before a hot wash. Furthermore the delay before the detergent mixture is added just seems a little too long. When that gets added after the third pump releases it, it will fill also with more water, not much but some. By then the water will be cooled in the water lines to the washer. I also have a laundry tub next to the laundry and run the tap until hot when washing in warm/hot. I would assume the 517 just works like most front loaders, detergent added as it fills right away. The 517 just has the two pumps as the 60 or 70 series I believe. If this might be an issue to you as it is to me, you might want the 517 over the 617.

• Derrick L
    7 years ago

Also I do not think it extends the wash time if the tap was not run until hot, meaning it heated the water because it was not up to temp selected warm or hot. How does everyone get past this issue without a laundry sink or tub near the washer?

• livebetter
    7 years ago

Does the dryer have reverse tumble? I saw some question about that on another thread.

pcweary thanked livebetter
  • pcweary
    Original Author
    7 years ago

It does not have reverse tumble..the 70 series has it.. My 617 does the job without it. However, on the 617 dryer there is an Allergen cycle.

The 417 and 517 are Tier 2.....the 617 Tier 3.

Detrick...I do not run my tap water as the hot water heater is less than 5 ft. away and in less than five seconds, it is hot to the washer!. Window on door fogs up...

Just ran a load of whitest whites on hot, normal soil, extra rinse...cycle 70 min.

The detergent entered the drum within 4 min.

I am doing just as the manual says to do for now just so I can learn if and where tweaking may be needed.. So far, it is fine.

georgect....tried the Purex Fabulously Fresh and it is just perfect.. Clean and fresh.. Thanks for the tip....Hope you own stock in the Henckel Co.. Sales are up on your suggestion! :)

As my name implies, I gave up on Windows PCs and got all Apple products a few years ago...I cannot get into the iMac, iPad, or iPhone and tweak but no need to, It Just Works!!!. So far, that appears to be the same with the Elux 617..it just works!

• livebetter
    7 years ago

Have you dried sheets yet? Do they ball up at all? I think that can be the biggest issue with no reverse tumble.

pcweary thanked livebetter
  • Derrick L
    7 years ago

Balled up sheets I hate too. Try drying the fitted sheets separate, this seems to fix that issue.

• pcweary
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I have only done one load of queen size sheets so far...yes, the fitted sheet was balled up but the flat and pillow cases were fine.. Keep in mind that I had set the dryer on timed dry for 60 min. but took them out at 20 min. as they were dry.. I am going to do another load this weekend and allow it to go full cycle.

This should tell me better if there is a balling issue.