Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Mirrors in dining rooms ...

IdaClaire
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Love them?

Hate them?

I seem to remember discussions here in the past where at least several people said they didn't at all care to see themselves or their tablemates while eating. I've thought about that aspect, but take a look at these photos ... Gosh, these rooms are lovely, and I just really like the way that the space is reflected back in the big mirrors so close to the tables.

I'm still (still!) feeling like the blank wall space beneath the glass block window in our dining space needs something, and lately have been wondering: What if I found the perfect mirror? It would need to be large enough, of course -- nothing dinky. That it would be hung a little lower than a painting would normally go would be ok, I think, since it would be reflecting back the table mostly (and not something higher up on the wall). What do you think ... am I on to something? Or not?

Here's my space. If I did hang a mirror here, I would remove the two paintings to the left of the glass block window (but don't want to change anything on the china cabinet wall). Obviously only the bottom portion of my chandelier would be reflected in a mirror hung below the window, but candlelight on the table would glimmer nicely -- and when we do dine here, it's often by candlelight.

I know, I know - I keep coming back to this space, keep deciding to just leave it alone - and keep coming up with other options. I can't help it. That's how I'm wired. ;-)

Comments (83)