SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jekeesl

Three trees

I struggle with trees, so thought that I'd post three for your consideration. Please note that I have trouble distinguishing branches with leaves, from leaves with leaflets, and adjust accordingly. Also, if you'd like to educate me, all help is welcome. ;-)

The first tree was 70-100 feet tall, with rough bark on a trunk about 16 inches across. Leaves were clustered on branch ends, alternate, with many leaflets that were toothed, sub-opposite to alternate and roughly 4-5 inches long by 1.5 inches wide.

The second one was about 15-20 feet tall, with a trunk about 4 inches across. The bark was peeling. Leaves were clustered at the end of branches. Branches were alternate, leaves were opposite, leaflets were alternate along the leaf. Typical leaflets were about 1.5 inches long by 1.25 inches wide. I added a photo to show the first two for comparison.

The third one was a shrub about 7-8 feet tall. The bark was speckled on a trunk 2-3 inches across. Leaves were about 6 inches long by 4-5 inches wide. Fruits were about 1 inch long.

Tree 1

Tree 2

Tree 1 and 2 comparison

Tree 3

Comments (4)