SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robin_lemke4

Help choosing a rose, please? (zone 8b, Seattle)

Robin Lemke
7 years ago

And I mean, I don't need to stop at one... but would love advice on if you think these would work for my area. My primary concern is rain. We've had some nice, hot summers lately, but I find I'm drawn to the many petaled rose shape and the petals often look so thin, I wonder if they'd hold up, or if any of these are known to just not do well in the Pacific NW. I'm looking for a rose (or several) with multiple shades of pink/orange/yellow/white in the same bloom, or two of the four. Roses I'm considering:

Leda, Cato's Cluster, La Sylphide, Madame Ernest Calvat, Mlle Franziska Kruger, Mlle Lombard, Rosette Delizy, Mme Blance Lefitte - I also like a rose I saw on A Reverence for Roses called Triple Delight, but I haven't seen it anywhere else and don't know its history. I don't care much about the growing habits (big or small, etc) of the roses, because I'm starting from scratch, meaning, it doesn't need to fit in anywhere. I just need a beginning place. ;) I[m open to other suggestions, too! I just really love roses that surprise with their coloring. :)

Thanks for any advice!

Robin

Comments (9)