SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dancercr

Lemon Verbena Q

dancercr
7 years ago

Hi all!

So last year was my first year with lemon verbena. It did alright over the summer in a container. I live in Zone 3, so definitely too cold to leave it outside during the winter. Now somewhere along the line, I remember being told/reading somewhere that to overwinter lemon verbena, I could uproot it, dry it, and store it in a bag somewhere dark and cool (my basement). I had done the same the year prior with my Dahlia tubers, so I didn't see how this could be an issue. Today I brought the plant out of it's storage to plant it in a newly fertilized, healthy soil-filled container. When I came back inside I decided to double check that I had indeed over-wintered correctly. And now, I can't find any information about it! Nowhere! I just spent an hour looking online and I have 1/2 convinced myself I made that information up. Everything I read said that Lemon Verbena should be allowed to go dormant in a pot of soil.

So, long story short...is my LV a goner? Did I overwinter it incorrectly, or is there a chance it will still come back?

Comments (3)