SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annekreel

HELP with Kitchen Cabinets (KraftMaid, Merillat, Medallion or Who??)

BenjiBoi
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are into the process of redesigning our kitchen and need help with choosing a manufacturer. We plan on being in our home 10-15 years. We will be installing Brazilian Teak (Cumaru) hardwood flooring in the space. Here is what we need:

• solid plywood construction, American wood
  • soft-close, full-extension drawers and cabinets
  • dovetail drawers
  • full-overlay cabinets
  • base cabinets with drawers (so strong glides)
  • a variety of quality painted surfaces options in white and light/medium gray

Here is our wish list:

• a good selection of options for roll-out drawers, swing-out shelving, etc.
  • a good variety of door styles
  • 3/4" shelves
  • under mount, full-extension drawer slides

This is our basic layout:

I have visited several stores, designers and websites looking for the best choice for us, but can't decide what to do. Our budget for the cabinets and countertops is up to $20,000. We estimate the countertops will cost about $6k-$7k.

I have quotes from Kitchen Designers using KraftMaid, Merillat, Medallion, Wolf and Aristokraft. I have ruled out Wolf and Aristrokraft primarily because the local dealer/designer has not been very responsive to my inquiries.

We hope to purchase solid, mid-level, semi-custom cabinets for this design. We will utilize lots of drawers on the base cabinets and pull-outs on the tall cabinets.

What suggestions do you have for manufacturers? We live in Pennsylvania and want brands that are commonly available here. Am I in the ballpark when exploring these manufacturers? Any other suggestions? I have come pretty far and done quite a bit of research but need help taking the last step to make a final decision.

Any layout suggestions are welcome too!

Comments (11)