SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Master bedroom input wanted.

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are still working on buying/building our empty nester home in the mountains. Meeting with a builder on Tuesday to get an idea whether the renovations we would like to do are within budget.

On the main level master-

The room is not big, 12'4" X 13'4". There are Windows centered on the only 2 walls where I can put the bed. The bad part is one window is on the wall with the covered front porch. Depending on where someone enters the porch they walk past that window. The other window looks onto the driveway and will end up with the grill kitchen out the window below, although it is a couple of steps down to driveway so form outside the window is higher up.

There are many things in the house that we want to renovate so I'm trying to resolve the master bedroom issues through design not building. The only thing I may bring up to the builder is to make one of those 2 Windows a celestory window up higher and put the bed under the window. This allows me to use whatever header is above the current window and not make major structural changes.

Second small issue, the ceiling is popcorn which I hate. I had a brainstorm this morning to cover the ceiling with grass cloth. Any thoughts?

Here is the floorplan of the main floor and a closeup of the bedroom.

A kind of exterior view of that corner. Pretend that is 2 steps going down off porch into driveway.

Actual pic of that corner.

So which wall would you put the bed, and would you change one of the Windows?

like this-

Or just leave Windows and decorate accordingly?

Comments (13)