SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vanessa_martocchio

Want to create a screen, but nothing too crazy

Ok so I have planted a few things already..2 Royal Purple Smoke bushes, and 3 dappled willows (Hikiro Nishiki I think it's called?) they're about 13' apart from each other and about 6' from my hideous chain link fence. So I'm looking for something to fill the gaps, yet have seasonal interest..fall color is huge! But flowering plays a part as well as far as wants. I will attach pics of the area, but let me tell you what else I have in my yard in different parts that I am using to somewhat screen the fence/neighbors. On one side of the yard I have a wine and roses weigela bush centered with 2 cream/green/pinkish ornamental grasses aside of it, a Granada rose bush in front of the weigela (baby rose bush) and then stargazer lilies and pink, white flowers planted in front of those..then on opposite side of that fence I have climbing Can Can rose bushes along with more of that ornamental grass in between those..then on my OTHER side..a pretty long side...I have a Ginko tree, flowering dogwood tree, nepeta walkers low cat mint, Stella day oro day lilies, yarrow, more of the same ornamental grasses and I'm planning on putting some rose bushes I bought on sale. And now in front of my house facing the area I need help with, I have a ninebark Diablo on each side, a hydrangea quick fire on one side with a japonica pieris (I think) on the other side both adjacent to the ninebarks, I have more day lilies, I planted 2 peace rose bushes this spring idk if they'll take off as they were 'body bag' roses but they did leaf out so maybe? I also have Russian sage on both sides..along with some bulbs, foxglove and hollyhocks on both sides of front stairs,which I was talked into by lady at nursery and they never even flowered and one side barely grew anything and the other side are these 2 green leafed masses still no flowers? (I may pull them up and move them elsewhere) and then I also have 2 of those spiral cut evergreen bushes on each side of stairs..but they have a slight bluish tone to them I feel like? Plus I have 2 service berry bushes on both sides of house, one you will see kind of blocking the view of the fence line in the pics...Also I have Black Eyed Susan's in different areas of the yard. So I figure giving you an idea of what's planted in my yard may help give you guys an idea of complimentary plants to place, or maybe which ones to repeat ? Here are the pics of area I need help with..keep in mind cost is a factor as I was told I'm not allowed to buy anymore bushes, plants, flowers hahahahaha so I need ones that will work yet not be a huge expense. As you can see, my neighbors houses are not what I want to look at when looking out my picture window! Lol also the dappled willow bushes are only a year old and were a twig when I planted last year..so kinda hard to see them in pic but there's one in front of the back tire on the blue convertible (in my yard obv, but to show you where it is in my yard)

Comments (23)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner