SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikhailaa

Inherited bad backyard , need ideas and how to's

Mikhaila
7 years ago

I inherited a home that was built in the 1940's and the backyard has been severely neglected . I need to take out a few inches of dirt because the dirt is littered with glass , car parts , trash, etc . I recently found a carpet that took about 3 years to surface to the top of the dirt . I started to dig it out and apparently some renters along the way used it for a trash hole . I have random Debris of old wood and a old trailer that was used for a shed and 2 cement post in the ground that are about 2 -3 feet under . I so far have come up with renting a mini skid steer and then plan on hiring a junk hauler . Plan is to have a yard that is grass free but suitable for children and incorporate raised plant beds of some sort that contain fresh herbs. I would like to have drought friendly plants as I live Southern California and we are in a severe drought . I want to have a swing set a patio set and figure out what I could use in the different sections as a top layer . For the swing set I plan on using rubber mulch but I don't have any ideas as to what us do with the rest of the yard . My backyard is about 3,000 sq. ft.

Comments (5)