SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Beginning of My Bedroom Transformation

I'm almost reluctant to begin this thread and am doing it because I need all the help I can get, but after seeing all the gorgeous bedrooms you have on another thread this room seems so inadequate. My new comforter set arrived today, and so did the black and white Laura Ashley set. We put them side by side and the one we chose just seemed so much cozier, but I feel now I could have made a better choice. I don't know where you all found your beautiful bedding, but somehow it eluded me. At any rate, the new, larger white lampshades arrived the same day. Here are the pictures I took a little while ago, except for the first one which is the "before" picture.

This is what I've decided needs to be done and the order in which I plan to do it:

1. Two or three throw pillows for the bed.

2. New drapes for both windows, color still to be determined.

3. Area rug for in front of the bed.

4. A different small piece of furniture to hold books and porcelain.

5. Upholstered chairs to replace the ugly wooden ones.

I plan to keep the bed skirt and thought that two pillows in aqua and one in gold might be an option. There is some aqua in the comforter and a yellowish-gold color. I'm not sure whether the pillows should be a solid color or have patterns. Then of course there's the color of the curtains. I know I don't want aqua curtains so I was thinking ivory, soft gold or even gray. I know this room is far from perfect so please be kind.

Comments (78)