SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmoyer3

Hi, new member - aspiring lawn

Dan Mayer
7 years ago

Hi there, been lurking for a while. Thanks to the forum i have corrected my watering ills and now am watering correctly. Im located in Florida and have an empire zoysia lawn. I bought the house a little over a year ago and the previous owner had the house for 3 years and never maintained the lawn. irrigation was inoperable and sod had a lot of weeds and bare spots. I have made a lot of progress in the past year, through a lot of hard work i have got the lawn to pretty good. I have a fully functioning irrigation system now, and have been adding regular feedings of fertilizers. I still need to level out some low spots and have been doing that gradually with a mix of sand and topsoil. I have had good luck killing weeds with over the counter stuff for the broadleaf weeds, and have been making progress on the crab grass and tornado stuff using Quinn Kill.

I think the next step for me is to get a soil test and start amending as needed. The local County extension office offers testing for about $5, but not sure what is included. Is there certain test i need to make sure i am getting??

Picture of the yard as it sits today:

Comments (8)