SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roman_bour

Help with braided money tree

Roman Bour
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Howdy everyone, this is my first time posting here. So I've had this money tree for maybe 8 months, and I recently decided to repot it. At first i put it in miracle grow potting soil which was very wet, The guy from the store told me it was a good soil for pachira's... But after doing a few researches I found out it wasn't. It stayed there for maybe a week, I watered only once and the soil stayed very wet. It was actually growing very well for that time being in there, but I didnt want the roots or trunk to rot, so after a week I decided to repot again.

After reading that forum for some days, I got some bark, perlite and little rocks. It should be a better soil for it. There wasn't many roots on the plant, I washed the old soil with water before putting it in the new soil. But I'm not totally sure how to water with this soil... It's draining very well. I also noticed that one of the top branch is very soft and is drooping, not sure if it's stress caused by repoting, maybe I should wait a few days to see if its stabilizes.

Here I took some pictures of the tree : as you can see the branch on the top left is drooping and very soft compared to all the others.

I also use 24-8-16 Miracle grow plant food, I put less than 5ml in a 4L water bottle. I didnt use it much though maybe 3 times since I have my plant.

Hope all you professionals can give me some nice tips on how to look out for my money tree, it would be appreciated :)

Thank you

Roman

Comment (1)