SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolinagirl8bsc

My little Shade Garden - Work in progress

Wild Ferns (don't know what kind but they reseed and spread (by rhizome/runners?). I'm constantly yanking the ferns up because they get too large, Hosta and Hydrangea (I'm 99% positive it's a Pistachio). I have had the hydrangea for about four years. It was planted in full sun and it was moved in summer 2014. Had to cut it back severely because it looked awful, but I'm getting a show now.

More Ferns, Astilbe Rock & Roll from Lowes. Just planted that 2 days ago. Hosta Mouse Ears, Hosta August Moon, and Wild Violets. The stump covered with moss was an Australian Tree Fern that was planting about 12 years ago. It froze in the 2014 ice storm. Loved it but what can ya do? Tried to dig up the stump but the runners are so dense it would take a stick of dynamite to get it out. LOL

Elephant ears - they'll be pulled up and moved as they look awful in that spot. I yanked up some of those, too as they had multiplied since last summer. Don't know what kind of variegated Hosta that is on the right. I bought it at Wal-Mart in a bare root body bag probably 8 or nine years ago.

I have some Corcuma I want to plant here (in the corner between the Astilbe). What do y'all think? What else could I slip in to fill it up and look more lush?

What's growing in your shade garden?

Thanks for Looking!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus