SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

Coffee table - I have 24 hrs. to decide if this one is right

bac717
8 years ago

Choosing a new coffee table for the LR is proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I originally had it narrowed down to 4 choices in this thread. Most responders like the first table, but I wasn't sure about the finish on that table. Then I found another table at a local furniture store and now have it home on 24 hour approval. I'm not sure if the color is right. Does it blend in too much with the rug? And I'm concerned about the size/height of the table. It is the same height as the wood table I had in there, but it seems taller. That doesn't make sense to me because the new table has a glass top. Shouldn't it seem smaller? The width of the glass table is the same as the wood and the length is only 6" longer than the wood table. Which leads me to the Warring coffee table that many people liked. It is the same height as the glass table in the room right now and is even 6" longer, so I'm really concerned that that table might not be right in the room as well. Here are a few pics.

First, the space for the coffee table

The coffee table in the store.

The coffee table in my LR.

And then to complicate things even further, I'm not sure I like the glare I get on the glass top from the window behind the sofa. I like the furniture arrangement as it is. I did see a coffee table at the same local furniture store with a nice iron base, but a wood top. I don't have any pictures of it, tho. I thought I should have a glass top because of the rug, but now I'm not so sure.

Just for the heck of it, here's the wood coffee table I currently have.

Comments (28)