SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosaceae

TEDDY BEAR!!!

rosaceae
8 years ago

I forgot to post about this! I found Teddy Bear about a month and a half ago! At first glance I was unamused, since the flowers it had were on the faded, mauve-y phase, but I picked it up and got a waft of the most amazing fragrance on a mini ever, some sort of fresh citrus, and that sealed it.

However I think that the fragrance might've rubbed off from another plant? When I got home and the buds opened it was in fact, citrusy, but very, very faint. Maybe it was because the older ones were a cluster?

Anyway, I'm super excited that I own this! When I started hunting down roses, I thought it would be more difficult to find the rarer colors, which I'm very drawn to, but so far I've got Green Ice, Estelle, Sautari, Black Beauty 99, Abracadabra, Midnight Blue, one that is perhaps Twilight Zone or Ebb Tide, just maybe another that could be Edith Holden, and now Teddy!

The flowers are stunning! but so fleeting though! Here's a bud that was there when I bought it, beginning to open next morning, the color at it's most intense, contrasted with one of the very worn blooms that I mentioned at first; so worn it shattered right after I took this pic; Very neat, shiny, dark, minute foliage, too:

Love the shape of the receptacles and the maroon canes:

If I'm not mistaken this was taken the same day, after I came home from school:

I really like this shot, I was pretending to show how the petals bent from the underside, but better yet I caught just how terracotta this rose's color can be thanks to one of my "misc. planters" there! It was an even closer match in real life:

Here you can see how the sun exposure is what makes them fade, the centers of the lower rings of petals kept some of their brown, I think this is the day after:

It still lingered for about 5 days total, but looking kinda ugly by then, after that they let go of the petals, stay on a little while longer, and finally drop off cleanly.

Right now it is putting out some new growth, if it doesn't take too long for a bloom I'll upload some more pics.

The plant has taken the heat very well, too.

I'm also super excited cause I have a rooted cutting of Raindrops now, that is sending some growth! I just realized not only are they both by Saville but they come from the same cross! That is a stunning rose too!! :^D

Thanks for passing by!

Comments (8)