SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Stripped/Deep Cleaned ALL towels today 140F(60C) & STPP

larsi_gw
7 years ago

I must Thank AlexChicago for the idea!! Thanks A :)

Lately sudsing has been such an issue with towels. Even after 3 deep water rinses, there were so many suds left. I have been doing 6 rinses, and that is a waste of time & water.

Alex suggested maybe trapped detergent is built up from many, many rinses in my Electrolux. Elux washer washed Great!!!, but was not great at rinsing.

I washed EVERY bath towel, hand towel and wash cloth in the house today using only 140F and a big scoop of STPP and a splash of Spring Bloom softener in the final rinse (3 rinses, each load). No detergent, just STPP and HOT water.

WOW, WOW!! My towels are the thickest, softest and fluffiest they have been in years!! The cotton loops look & feel lifted, open fluffed, and they smell heavenly.

Here is a pic of just a few of the washed towels today. Happy towels. Happy Larsi. Happy LiGi washer and dryer!

Btw, the new LiGi dryer finishes loads in about 50% less time than my other Miele dryer. HUGE loads of towels, in about 40 mins with a generous cool down at the end. Amazing!!

Comments (47)