SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaimeeap

Caesarstone Statuario Maximus

jaimeeap
8 years ago

We are looking at counter tops for our new build and have gone from marble to quartzite to granite to quartz. We have an active young family and love the durability that quartz can offer.

I am so intrigued by Caesarstone's Classico and Supernatural Line...specifically the new Statuario Maximus. Has anyone seen a slab in person?

I'm also curious on opinions of a quartz that is made to look like a marble. What are your thoughts? Does it feel imitation? Or more like flattery and appreciation? I did have my heart set on real stone but am finding that the stone I love and am drawn to(whites/greys) is not compatible with my reality! (due to etching, staining and chipping concerns)

Here's a picture of the Statuario Maximus....

Comments (46)

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    8 years ago

I think the photo looks "inspired by". What about London Sky? I've only seen photos but it looks gorgeous.

jaimeeap thanked Anglophilia
  • Related Discussions

Caesarstone Countertops - Which is the best color?

Q

Comments (5)
    There are literally hundreds of whites, that'd look a bit different depending on the space, light it gets, etc. These stones are also different..warmer, colder background..patterns left aside even, the last one is better used with cooler whites, and two first ones with warmer whites. At least from what I see on my monitor. What is your decor? Floors? Vanity? Style? In short, a photo would tremendously help to make useful suggestions. Otherwise it's like asking "What stone you like more, theoretically speaking?" I can point to the one I like more, but it wouldn't relate to your particular place, thus would be totally useless as an answer
    ...See More

Difiniti Quartz

Q

Comments (3)
    We specify Difiniti on occasion. Both of these islands have Difiniti tops...no issues with quality.
    ...See More

Does anyone have Silestone Eternal Statuario?

Q

Comments (150)
    My bathroom cabinets are in Swiss Coffee. would Eternal Statuario be suitable with swiss coffee ? I dont want to bring out any yellow. I am having a difficult time finding a white quarts to compliment. Any other suggestions?
    ...See More

Caesarstone Statuario Maximus Paint Suggestions

Q

Comments (0)
    Hi there! Anyone have experience coordinating paint with Caesarstone Statuario Maximus? I recently ordered it for my countertops and backsplash. My cabinets are white and my island is dark grey (Kraftmaid Dove White and Greyloft). My floors are a light oak - with a little bit of amber tone but not too orange. My default paint is BM Classic Gray, but I’m wondering if anyone here has found other paint colors that complement Statuario Maximus? Thanks for your input l!
    ...See More
  • cristina
    8 years ago

Cambria Ella

• jaimeeap
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

cristina-the Ella is beautiful! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your kitchen when it's installed.

I like London Grey....it has more subtle veining and has more of a grey background and it's the most affordable. I liked the London Grey and the Calacatta Nuvo when I saw the slabs in person. Maximus wasn't released yet. I think I lean toward the more bold veining the Nuvo and Maximus offer for my kitchen, but haven't ruled out London Grey.

Thank you both for the responses.

• jaimeeap
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Oh, wait...I think I got it wrong. London Sky by Zodiaq? I was referring to Caesarstone London Grey.

• cristina
    8 years ago

Yes, London Sky is by Zodiaq. It is beautiful! We really liked the Calacutta Nuvo but were afraid of the one vein swoop getting lost in our cut outs. And it wasn't quite white enough.

• MizLizzie
    8 years ago

I have been amazed by some of the new patterns coming from Quartz Masters -- by far the most like real marble to me. But all Chinese, I think? I called to see if they had a so dealer in my area as their locator map wasn't working and had a hard time making myself understood to the person who answered the phone. That said, they have some breathtaking g stuff.

• Ellie RK
    8 years ago

I just had the Ella installed for my kitchen island. You can't see the pattern at all until you're almost standing over it. Otherwise, it just looks like a light grey counter top.

I'm regretting the decision now, should of gone with Brittanicca for everything.

• cristina
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hi Ellie - I am so sorry you are disappointed with the Ella. I went with it over the Brittanicca because we wanted something a little more subtle. I've seen photos of your kitchen and it is beautiful! In my opinion, for what it's worth, I think the Brittannica on your perimeter counters add a nice backdrop to the Ella on the island.

• Ellie RK
    8 years ago

Thank you, Cristina.
    I'm glad you like it. Looking forward to pics of your kitchen.

• Pennie Heath
    8 years ago

I want to see your kitchen Ellie!

• Lion 88
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

The Statuario Maximus is something else. Simply gorgeous! It's design has much more definition compared to its smaller brother Calacatta Nuvo.

• Brianna Taylor
    6 years ago

I realize this post is a little old but has anyone had Statuario Maximus installed? Trying to decide between that and Calacatta Nuvo.

• Kim
    6 years ago

We have chosen it and will be having it installed in about 3 weeks or so, I will post a pic when it is done. I have seen it in a show room and looked beautiful on their island. It as a "transitional" aesthetic which I love.

• Frances Kokos
    6 years ago

Hi ^ did you install the Statuario Maximus counters yet? Post pics. I' so confused. Thinking between Cambria Britanica or Ceasarstone SM or the frosted Carinna? HELP?!?!

• Kim
    6 years ago

Yes, we did this past weekend. If you like Carrara Marble but more "muted" with less design you will love the Stataurio Maximus. The pics don't really show how soft the veining is which is what I wanted for longevity sake instead of something to trendy. The installer did a great job "bookmarking" the seam. He normally does it by the sink and that was a definite no for me as I would see it every time I was at the sink! It is moved closer to the wall and difficult to find.

I love Carrara Marble without the maintenance so this is a great option. We put a Blanco sink in Metallic Grey and also love that. We cut down a higher bar area to make all one level and the cabinets will be refaced. Looks very clinical at the moment with all whites and cream. Also need a backsplash. I am having a camera problem, so not the best picture, but gives the idea. Used Delta nickel faucet and handsoap dispenser. The reno continues! The grey is soft and muted unlike some others that I think look more trendy. I have no idea where the top pic came from and can't delete! BTW, I also learned from this process that not all nickels are created equally so it was suggested to me to buy my nickel faucets and soap dispenser etc from the same company to avoid a difference in tone

• Brianna Taylor
    6 years ago

It’s beautiful! We also decided to go with the Statuario Maximus and it will be installed in a couple weeks. We chose polished nickel fixtures as well although we’ll have a white apron front sink. Thanks for posting your pictures, I’ll also post some when ours is done.

• Frances Kokos
    6 years ago

Thank you. It looks beautiful!!!! What back splash did you use?

• Kim
    6 years ago

I am sure you will love it without a doubt and it will look amazing in 20 years like Carrara Marble does. My husband really wanted an apron sink and I talked him out of it after reading the downfalls of it, more dishes break by hitting the apron portion. I can't afford any more dishes breaking with him in the kitchen, LOL

• Kim
    6 years ago

I have to go to Vancouver to look for backsplashes as I wanted the counter installed first and glad I did. It is more white than I thought so I am looking for a matt subway tile with a contrasting grey grout all the way up the walls. If I could find a beautiful blue or green I might even take the plunge! It is just tile and can be changed in 15 years!LOL Pay attention to where the installer wants to put your seams, I was lucky I read some advice on that before hand. I did not want it down the middle of the sink! We have wide plank bleached oak handscraped hardwood that really likes fantastic with the counter! I have Stonington Grey BM throughout the open concept, I have an affinity for" Hamptons" Style

• Brianna Taylor
    6 years ago

We're doing white subway tile with dark grout for our backsplash and our paint color is Classic Gray BM. Thanks for the seams tip!

• Brianna Taylor
    6 years ago

We just had ours installed and we like it. I’ll admit it’s not exactly what I hoped for—it’s beautiful from far away but right up close it looks fake to me, like fake marble. Which it is, I guess. Ha. It’s also not a true white, more of a grayish white. We have white cabinets and it works well but it’s definitely not the same shade of white. But for not being able to get marble, this is the next best thing and it’s very pretty.

• Lea Geller
    5 years ago
    Wow. From where I’m sitting it doesn’t look fake at all :)
  • mrl444
    5 years ago

Continuing this thread for those that have installed Statuario Maximus in the last year, any comments on durability and how you like it after having it for months now? I'm worried about quartz and don't want something that has to be handled with TLC. Any issues you have come across? Stains? Do you put hot pans on it?

• Brianna Taylor
    5 years ago

I have three young children and unfortunately we’ve already encountered permanent marker on the island and not just a little, a whole section of scribble from our 1 year old (still unsure as to how he got the permanent marker). I admit I completely lost it and was googling like a mad person on how to remove it, because the Soft Scrub gel with bleach (which is what Caesarstone recommends) didn‘t do anything—but then I remembered we had Bar Keeper‘s Friend and that it was also listed as safe so I got that out and it worked. I can still see the faintest line but anyone else who looks at it has no idea. So that was scary but it took care of it. I’ve also had some spaghetti sauce seem like it’s going to stain but everything comes out with Bar Keeper‘s Friend, and the Soft Scrub gel with bleach also works well (just not for permanent marker). I have set hot pans on it with no issues. I haven’t cut directly on it yet as I’m scared to try... I used to do it all the time in our previous home that had granite and never had any problems but because this is white I’m afraid. All in all it’s been great and pretty maintenance free—hubby and kids carved pumpkins on the island today and BKF cleaned it all up. We do love the look and would get it again if we had it to do over, if you’re going for a white, clean look.

• mrl444
    5 years ago

Great info, thanks! I have also always had granite and never worried about putting a hot pan on it (i.e. after boiling eggs, sitting the hot pan on counter top). I also use a 3M scrubber sponge on the granite to get any hard water stains off or other crud. I'm thinking you can't use the scrubber sponge on quartz or it would dull it. Just don't want something that I have to baby but may be overthinking it. You are right, a lot is due to the white color of the quartz and that it won't hide most problems.

• Kim
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

We have this same counter top and have had no issues with it having an infant and 4 year old. I have just always taught them about markers, glass getting into cupboards etc. I have always had white furniture as well as cream textiles, glass coffee table etc. I have never put my glass wear that is on display away. It is about teaching moments, if concerned use a Plexiglas sheet cut to size or place mats for the counter. My husband was the only one that got ink on the counter from a label , we used Bar Keepers Friend, it remained until it eventually came off after a few rub downs. We chose this counter as we hope it will have the longevity in style that Carra marble has without the maintenance. Just make sure if you get it the installers don't try and talk you into making any cuts in the middle of the sink to perhaps match up another slab. We have ours closer to the corner after reading advice from others about this and glad we did, matched up very well. We used a Blanco sink in Metallic Gray and loooooooove it!! Thought I wouldn't be able to live without a double sink but am sold! Photo shows a darker sink here. We also used a Delta nickle faucet with a hand soap dispenser. I have not used the grate in the bottom for that you can get with this sink but do use the strainer a lot for washing veggies. The counter does not have an "in your face" veining that might date quickly, so we are very happy with it. One installer said he wouldn't put anything really hot on the counter, he seemed very experienced, so we just don't. I have a couple nice trivets that look great. The younger guy said it would be fine, I'd rather not find out and just don't want my company seeing it and think it's ok. It is an investment I'd like to keep for years. $7800 Cdn. for a smaller galley kitchen, but have enough that this will also look great in the bathroom and not "kitchen like" in appearance.

• Brianna Taylor
    5 years ago

We also have the Statuario Maximus in two bathrooms and our laundry room, and haven’t had any issues with makeup stains or toothpaste, etc. It works really well in any space. I was also going for the Carrara marble look and feel that it was achieved well. I agree with kimber103 that the veining is not super in-your-face but is more defined than other white marble-looking quartz options we looked at. It’s a perfect medium between too little and too much.

• mrl444
    5 years ago

Sold! Thanks for your input.

• User
    5 years ago

Was anyone considering Calcutta Nuvo and decide on Statuario Maximus instead? I'm trying to decide between the both for a kitchen re-do, with white cabinets.

• User
    5 years ago

Honed or polished? I love the look of honed, but am terrified of stains.

• Kim
    5 years ago

We decided on Statuario Maximus as it was more classic similar to carrara marble, love it! Not as "loud" and in your face as others.

• hope002
    4 years ago

What’s this compared to cambria BrIttanica? I’m worried Brittanica might be a little too much and and whats the cost comparison?

• hannah himelman
    4 years ago

Brianna, can you tell me about your white cabinets? I like the Statuario Maximus and wonder what shade of white cabinet to use... just white or. more vibrant white that may make the counter 'pop'??

• Brianna Taylor
    4 years ago

Our cabinets are maple, and the paint color is just called white, so I am not sure exactly how white they are! They are whiter than the counters, if that helps. I do think it looks nice together, as the counters do stand out a little more since they are a gray-white. Bright white cabinets might look great too, but I would avoid an antique white or anything more cream with yellow undertones, as I think that wouldn’t go quite as well. Gray cabinets also look very nice with this counter, we have gray (again painted maple - color called stone) in one of our bathrooms.

• Brianna Taylor
    4 years ago

• hannah himelman
    4 years ago

thank you so much!!

• Kim
    4 years ago

I loved the Statuario Maximus in our Kitchen as well, it is a classic timeless Quartz. It took a lot of white subway tile samples and in the end we did a palest of grey as the counter though looks white when up against white it is more grey. Couldn't be happier and I think it will look great in 30 years from now, just like a bistro in Paris with Carrara Marble. btw, I was told by the installer you can get any quartz honed if you like that.

• hannah himelman
    4 years ago

Hi Kim. Are you saying that the Statuario looks grey when next to a white cabinet ? I was thinking of using the Statuario with a bright white cabinet and pewter island.

i was considering the Calcutta Nuvo but thought that looked too white.

• hannah himelman
    4 years ago

Brianna, would you give your opinion on whether I should go with Calcutta Nuvo or Statuario Maximus in my kitchen? I plan to use Arctic White cabinets in the perimeter and a Pewter colored island. I lean toward transitional/contemporary over traditional. I'm afraid the Calcutta Nuvo will be 'too white' and not show enough of the grey veining as the Statuario Maximus will... Any advice? Thanks.

• Brianna Taylor
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I agree with you, Hannah--I'd go with the SM. I, too, wanted something transitional; not too traditional but also not overly modern, so we looked at the CN as well but felt like the veining looked too manufactured, whereas the SM looked more natural like natural stone (we had granite in our previous home and really did love that but couldn't find any white granite this time around). And while I haven't seen CN in person I can say that we love our SM and get many compliments on it. The veining is beautiful and is neither too pronounced nor too subtle. Our cabinets are white white, so I'm not sure if that's as white as your Arctic White but they definitely aren't cream, and we think they look nice with the SM. Our island is just stained knotty alder but the pewter island will be beautiful with it!

All of that said, though.. if you decide to go with the CN, I am certain your cabinet choices will look beautiful with that as well. But yes my opinion was that the CN wasn't bold enough (SM at first seemed almost too bold to me but that's because we were used to boring counters, and I'm so glad we decided to go for it because we love it and it's definitely not too bold).

• hannah himelman
    4 years ago

Brianna, thank you for responding!!! Now to a backsplash.... thinking either a whiteish glass subway 3 by 6 or a light grey glass subway.... any advice??

• Brianna Taylor
    4 years ago

Oh both sound lovely! We just did a plain white subway with dark grout

• Brianna Taylor
    4 years ago

We have glass subway in one of our bathroom showers, it is fun and I love how the glass looks. It’s turquoise blue so not applicable to your situation :) but glass is really nice.

• G O
    3 years ago

This has all been really helpful. Any suggestions on backsplash to go with SM that are not white or glass subway tiles (hubby unfortunately voted them out.. for now)? Is the veining color of SM more of a blue-gray or a brown-gray? I am thinking it is more brown-gray but I can't remember what I saw in person today already... total overload.

• mrl444
    3 years ago

To my eye the veining is blue grey. We did backsplash in SM and love it. After a year and a half no complaints. I keep a spray bottle of white vinegar and water under sink and use it for cleanup. Deeper cleaning use Soft Scrub.