SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katarina_nidar

Help for my open floor plan living area

Katarina Nidar
8 years ago

Hi,

We just bought our first house and we would like to repaint the kitchen/living/dinning area. So here is how our place looks like: it's an L shaped space (there is a sketch below), where the long L part is the combined living and dinning and the other part is the kitchen. The kitchen is separated from the rest with a "half wall". Kitchen has white cabinets and dark grey countertop. I would love to have blue/aqua kitchen walls, but I don't like the idea of blue in the living area. I would love for the rest of the space to be somehow very pale warm greyish, but I have no idea on how to get to the right paint for that. I definitely do not want any yellow tones (the living is now soft yellow and I hate is as it looks a bit outdated). There is a big sliding door covering almost all the wall on the side where kitchen and living room meet. This door is facing to the east. There is also a window on the opposite wall (so facing west). Ps. I live quite up north so not somewhere with abundance of sunny and super bright days.

Any ideas about paint color or suggestions would be very appreciated.

K.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH