SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachelstein

Perfect paint...are you out there?! PLEASE HELP.

Rachel
7 years ago

Trying to figure out color combinations for my main floor center colonial home. We've opened the walls but each room is still separate. The main living room is central and will be more of a formal living space. We now get a good amount of light from every direction.

For the living room, I was thinking a soft blue/gray paint color. I think I had grey cashmere before which always appeared very light and muted light green. Now thinking about Bm sterling? Sleigh bells? Perspective? I had blue gray in my mind ...but am willing to change color if another one would work better.

Our dining room has a half wall open to kitchen (kitchen is painted bm silvery moon and white cabinets). In DR we previously had a light sage green paint color but now I wanted something lighter. Possibly Edgewood gray? My floors are spice brown and cherry China cabinet and table. And some lighter oak pieces. We sampled balboa mist but with my other pieces I think the red undertones might not work?

We painted our master bm Collingwood (a pretty warm color)

and I am not sure if we can bring this color downstairs or go a shade darker (Apparition) or another slightly different tone for family room? Revere Pewter was suggested and I'm trying to make it work in my family room which is off my living room. Just concerned if it will take on green undertone or look too muddy (my house seems to turn colors abit green and muted).

I've gotten numerous samples and painted wall swatches and poster board. I'm just on overload and can't snap out of this paint block. Any recommendations would be so appreciated. I realize there probably isn't a perfect color I'm just trying to avoid another "learn to live with" situation. I really want to love my paint choices.

Comments (20)