SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
princessshree85

Please help ID....thornless climbing pink rose

princessshree85
7 years ago

I apologize in advance for the length of my post. I am hoping someone can tell me the name / species of rose I am searching for. My 90 year old Grammy planted a rose vine at the house she lived in with my grandfather. The house later burned down and there is nothing left of the rose. I believe it was a gift from my grandfather or a housewarming gift or something. She lived in Shelbyville Texas at the time and ordered the rose from a nursery in a northern sate. It was a thornless vine / climbing / rambling rose. She said that it was supposed to be red but the blooms were a deep pink that lightened on the edges (not light/faded pink) with a strong scent and looked like a cabbage or Dr rose. Also, that it had very long branches that were covered in blooms. She said that it was disease resistant, very hardy and bloomed early and all summer long until the frost. She was told that it would grow 8 ft the first year and supposedly it did. I have a photo but it may not be any help. Thank you for any help.

Comments (14)