SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivparker

Wrap Around Porch-Paint in Front and stain in back

ivparker
8 years ago

So how weird will this be? We have a wrap around porch. The front and side are covered and we have it painted. It has been 10 years and needs to be redone. The roof makes it hold up pretty well. The back part of our porch gets full sun and is not covered. We have had to redo that part many times. We used some of that Behr renew paint on just the back portion 2 years ago and it ruined all of that wood. So my husband is going to replace all the back partl. It is all pressure treated wood. . So... we want to definitly stain the back. But removing all the paint (on the section that is painted) on a pressure treated deck is very difficult. I tried stripping it and it will take me forever. I'm not so keen on sanding as it is pressure treated. So would it look ok if I painted the front and side with a bluish grey porch floor paint and then when it gets to the back section transition it to a brown stain? I like the two colors next to each other but I am nervous that it would look awkward. I don't like the idea of a colored stain as I think it will show all the chipping much quicker. I was thinking of using penofin for pressure treated wood as it penetrates wood well and therefore does not show as much when it starts to fade. Thoughts?

Comments (3)