SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidrt28

WARNING to mail order customers: the USPS has gone off its rocker!

davidrt28 (zone 7)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Well, I'm not going to write a long narrative of what has happened to me specifically, except to say I've had more trouble with my local post office in the past 8 months than I did in the previous 10 years. I actually used to wonder why people complained so much about the USPS! I also spoke on the phone, extensively, to one of the nurseries involved and they confirmed that the number of issues is spiking recently. One priority mail package was delayed in the office for two full days, one for a whole week. There is always some excuse: we (the nursery manager and I) surmised it is partly related to the fact that they've had to hire temporary drivers to keep up with Amazon's strong-arming of them to do Sunday delivery. (Which I think is terrible even though I'm a large Amazon prime customer; I intend to write them a letter suggesting they have an option to _not_ choose Sunday delivery when you checkout)

In both cases the driver simply updated the tracking to "notice left" when no notice was left at all, and no delivery made. I was here working in the garden and I'm pretty sure he or she didn't even drive down the rural lane to my house. I recommend you ask all mail order nurseries shipping USPS Priority to send the tracking number as soon as it is generated so you can track the package. Of course most do that already, but this one hadn't. In one case, producing a print-out of the tracking history at the office made the package magically appear, even though they'd assured me on the phone there was no package waiting for me. In the other case, I actually had to open a complaint with the national customer relations office. The nurseries involved kindly offer to replace any plants that seemed like they didn't survive the ordeal of course, but they shouldn't have to do that.

Comments (2)