SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jean_riddle9963899

Need input on interior door and bathroom hardware finishes

8 years ago

What is the 2016 trend for door hinge and knob/lever color finishes? See this changing anytime soon? Am building a new home with some of windows and doors to be stained dark and some to be painted white. The window hardware on the stained windows is bronze, not oil rubbed, (will most likely be covered by shutters or other window coverings) along with the door hardware on French doors and I am wondering if I should keep with bronze door hinges and levers/knobs on the other doors in the same room or would it be acceptable to use a pewter finish.. Would a pewter finish be too much of a contrast against a dark wood stained door? Would a bronze or black finish be too stark against a white door? Would keep the finishes within a room the same; i.e. in a bathroom if using pewter or nickel faucets would keep the door hardware also pewter or nickel. Perimeter cabinets in kitchen are painted white with island a dark stain, master bathroom cabinets are painted white, other bathroom vanities are dark stained. Would appreciate any and all advice. Thank you.

Comments (4)